Error opening sp.dll file

Post by JoAn » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:30:53

When my computer first comes up a message says "cannot
import C:\windows\sp.dll" error opening the file. There
may be a disk or file system error.  I have looked in MS
Support for an answer to resolve this problem but haven't
come across one.  Anyone know how to fix this??

Error opening sp.dll file

Post by Alan Edward » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:51:49

Run this to scan for parasites:
Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

A manual method for this one
Start-Run-Regedit

Press Ctrl+F (or Edit-Find) and look for sp.reg
Delete if found.
Press F3 to find again and delete all occurrences of sp.reg

Do the same for sp.dll
Exit Regedit.

Start-Run-Msconfig
Uncheck any entries for sp.reg or sp.dll (though you may have removed
them already in Regedit)

Delete any files sp.reg or sp.dll in C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System
Reboot.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

Quote:>When my computer first comes up a message says "cannot
>import C:\windows\sp.dll" error opening the file. There
>may be a disk or file system error.  I have looked in MS
>Support for an answer to resolve this problem but haven't
>come across one.  Anyone know how to fix this??

Error opening sp.dll file

Post by Rick » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:28:43

Hi JoAnn,

Uninstall Wild Tangent, see:
http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/wildtangent/default.asp?genre=help&id=1#10

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

> When my computer first comes up a message says "cannot
> import C:\windows\sp.dll" error opening the file. There
> may be a disk or file system error.  I have looked in MS
> Support for an answer to resolve this problem but haven't
> come across one.  Anyone know how to fix this??

1. "Cannot import C:\WINDOWS\sp.dll: Error opening the file..."

Just this morning when I turned on my computer I received
the following message:

"Cannot import C:|WINDOWS\sp.dll: Error opening the file.
There may be a disk or file system error."

I had problems with opening the directories in both the
Excel and Word applications this morning.  I tried to
reboot a few times to see if this cleared up, and to my
amazement it did not.  In fact it is still giving me this
message.

What I wish to know is the following:

Why did I get this message?
What does this message mean?
How do I take care of it?
If I should need to contact someone, who do I contact and
at what number?

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience so that
I may resolve this issue.

Thank you and kind regards,

Norma Quintero

2. gcc newbie looking for minimal hassle getting gcc-avr going

3. sp.dll Registry Error

4. Midi/Karaoke Playlister, Jukebox player for Professional Live Performances

5. sp.dll error message.

6. SIMULATION DIGEST V6 N5

7. Error: importing sp.dll

8. HP Deskwriter 520 fonts get trashed; Why?

9. File Missing: sp.dll

10. error message- cannot import sp.dll

11. Cannot Import sp.dll

12. sp.dll