1. URLMON.DLL, MSHTML.DLL, KERNEL32.DLL problems
I am having problems with my Windows 98. The version I am using is
4.10.1998 and the version of IE I'm using is 5.00.2919.6307IC (5.01).
Most of the time when I load a webpage, or use a program that embeds
IE, I get this URLMOM.DLL invalid page fault. This includes HomeSite
(when previewing), AllAdvantage, MemTurbo, and of course, IE itself.
I thought it was some kind of software conflict so I thought
reinstalling everything would be fine.
I got an extra hard drive, and did a fresh install of Win98SE. I then
installed the VIA chipset driver, the video card driver and the sound
card driver. Then I tried to upgrade to IE 5.01. The first thing I
got when I went into Windows Update was a MSHTML.DLL invalid page
fault. I had to download the ie5setup.exe elsewhere on the Microsoft
site coz I couldn't get into Windows Update.
But things didn't improve after installing IE5.01. I frequently got
MSHTML.DLL and URLMON.DLL errors. I found that the error box of the
URLMON.DLL invalid page fault always has 0167:1a406c13.
I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my hardware. I was
using an old PCI card before getting the Creative AGP card and I only
got the MSHTML.DLL error every few weeks, and never saw the URLMON.DLL
error. I used BCM diagnostic to test the processor and RAM but no
error was found.
So that led me to think it's a driver problem. I got the latest
drivers from Creative (5.22 for the TNT2 and the latest one for Live!
(not sure the version). The driver for the NIC is also the newest and
I didn't bother installing drivers for the modems.
I have gone through the Microsoft KB and searched through the
newsgroups, but didn't find anything that's likely the cause of the
problems. I also tried repairing IE but it didn't help a bit.
Registering URLMOM.DLL and MSHTML.DLL didn't help either. So I am
stuck. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
The hardware configuration:
AMD K6-3 450MHz
MVP3 AT Motherboard
128MB PC100 SDRAM
Creative TNT2 M64 16MB AGP
Creative SB Live! Value
Lucent 56K PCI Modem
USR 33.6K Voice Modem ISA
SOHOware 10/100 PCI NIC
Fujitsu 4.3GB UDMA
Quantum 6.4GB UDMA
Yamaha 8x4x24x IDE CD-RW
2. Simulation of Control Process using Matlab
3. URLMON.DLL / MSHTML.DLL / KERNEL32.DLL
4. Driver Open/Share problem using ObDereferenceObject...
5. illegal operation caused by explorer in pdm.dll or kernel32.dll
6. Hard disk failure - HPUX 10.20
7. Browseui.dll & Kernel32.dll crash in explorer menus
8. Problem with MS Critical Update v2.0
9. SHDOC401.dll + Kernel32.dll errors
10. invalid page fault in modules KERNEL32.DLL and SHLWAPI.DLL
11. OLE32.dll linked to missing export kernel32.dll???HELP!!
12. kernel32.dll caused an Invalid page fault in MSVCRT.DLL
13. Big problem between Oracle e kernel32.dll...