Stack error

Post by Blain Pierc » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Whenever I boot, I get the following error message before Windows98
runs:

Terminiating thread due to a stack overflow problem.
A VxD, possibly recently installed, has consumed too
much stack space. Increase the setting of 'MinSPs'
in the system.ini or remove recently installed VxD's.
There are currently 5 SPs allocated.

I have looked in the system.ini file and can find no mention of the line
described above. Any suggestions?

Stack error

Post by Patty MacDuffi » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Blain, what changes were made before this message came up?  New drivers?  New hardware or software?
--
Patty,
MS MVP, Desktop Systems

> Whenever I boot, I get the following error message before Windows98
> runs:

> Terminiating thread due to a stack overflow problem.
> A VxD, possibly recently installed, has consumed too
> much stack space. Increase the setting of 'MinSPs'
> in the system.ini or remove recently installed VxD's.
> There are currently 5 SPs allocated.

> I have looked in the system.ini file and can find no mention of the line
> described above. Any suggestions?

Stack error

Post by Jeff Richard » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

There may be no entry in the System.INI file. If so, you can add one.

Find the section starting [386Enh].   Anywhere in this section add MinSPs=8
or use higher numbers in multiples of 4 (for example, 12,16, 20).  Each one
uses memory, so don't specify more than you need. If the number is large
then there is a fault in the way your system is configured or the device
drivers that are installed.
--
Jeff Richards
1999 MVP (DTS)

Quote:> Whenever I boot, I get the following error message before Windows98
> runs:

> Terminiating thread due to a stack overflow problem.
> A VxD, possibly recently installed, has consumed too
> much stack space. Increase the setting of 'MinSPs'
> in the system.ini or remove recently installed VxD's.
> There are currently 5 SPs allocated.

> I have looked in the system.ini file and can find no mention of the line
> described above. Any suggestions?

1. Stack Error

My computer persistently stops, giving me a blue screen
with the message of KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

The message says to check new hardware or software.
None was added.

Running
Windows 2000, McAfee 7.02 with auto update
800 Mhz machine, 256 RAM

What is its problem?

2. Differing heights for ownerdraw CListCtrl

3. Stack Errors

4. disable the sound icon / clock taskbar

5. Stack error?

6. Including bmp/pcx graphics with DVIDRV

7. Stack error

8. LucasArts

9. stack error with partition magic 5

10. Stack size remaining or stack limit

11. Windows Explorer, Searching and Stack Overflow Error Problem

12. stop 0X00000077 kernel stack inpage error

13. Microsoft Explorer, Search and Stack Overflow Error Problem