clean boot

Post by ejd74 » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:52:46

dell dimension l400c,win 98 fat32,20 gig hd,512 ram.Would
like to know how to clean hd and reinst 98 fresh? Man.
only covers reinst.overtop which is not solving my prob,s.
I would like to do a clean install.Thank you for any help.

clean boot

Post by ejd74 » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:52:50

dell dimension l400c,win 98 fat32,20 gig hd,512 ram.Would
like to know how to clean hd and reinst 98 fresh? Man.
only covers reinst.overtop which is not solving my prob,s.
I would like to do a clean install.Thank you for any help.

clean boot

Post by Rick » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 20:30:13

Hi,

Boot a startup floppy, run FORMAT C:

When it is completed, then run your recovery software. See this link from MVP Ron Badour:
http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/w98_restore.html

for some ideas on what you may want to backup first.

Perhaps, if you could describe your problem, someone may be able to help rather that having to go through these drastic steps.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org
Please reply only to newsgroup...

> dell dimension l400c,win 98 fat32,20 gig hd,512 ram.Would
> like to know how to clean hd and reinst 98 fresh? Man.
> only covers reinst.overtop which is not solving my prob,s.
> I would like to do a clean install.Thank you for any help.

1. Win 2k Clean Boot Options

Other versions of Windows contain a program called
msconfig that allows the operator to control what programs
are automatically started when Windows boots up.  Windows
2000 Professional does not contain this program.  Is there
a similar program that performs the same function?
Thanks,
Lance

2. Position plot_label

3. Shutdown results in clean boot

4. Funky Engine Start

5. How to clean boot in win 2000

6. HELP! sendmail/MX/DNS Question

7. Clean boot: "NTLDR is missing" i.e. can't see Win2000 CD - Help!

8. Setting up a new system disk from scratch

9. Clean boot to flash mb bios?

10. Clean boot

11. How to do a clean boot

12. CLEAN BOOT -- What it is and why you need it.

13. Clean boot problems