ODBC Installer - problem, please help me

ODBC Installer - problem, please help me

Post by Matthias Merke » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have install an older program for win95. If I click in
"sytemsteuerung" (german) of the icon "32bit ODBC" I get this
information:
"ODBC Installer
The ODBC resource DLL (C:\windows\system\ODBCINT.DLL) is a different
version than the ODBC setup dll (C:\windows\system\ODBCCP32.DLL).
You need to reinstall the ODBC components to ensure proper operation.
Press OK to proceed, cancel to abort.
OK     ABBRECHEN"

For what I need the ODBC? How can I repair this problem?
Thank you very mutch and sorry for my bad english language!!
By Matthias

ODBC Installer - problem, please help me

Post by Ovidiu Pop » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi, Matthias.

ODBC is implementing an uniform programming interface to various data
sources (from text files to data base servers). The 'smart' setup program
replaced the ODBC libraries with outdated versions. You may run sfc.exe from
the Start/run commant line and check your system files. Replace the outdated
files with fresh copies from your W98 CDROM.

Ovidiu Popa
MS-MVP (DTS)

Quote:>I have install an older program for win95. If I click in
>"sytemsteuerung" (german) of the icon "32bit ODBC" I get this
>information:
>"ODBC Installer
>The ODBC resource DLL (C:\windows\system\ODBCINT.DLL) is a different
>version than the ODBC setup dll (C:\windows\system\ODBCCP32.DLL).
>You need to reinstall the ODBC components to ensure proper operation.
>Press OK to proceed, cancel to abort.
>OK     ABBRECHEN"

>For what I need the ODBC? How can I repair this problem?

1. ODBC Installer Problem - HELP!

I have a serious but technical question concerning the ODBC installer (control
panel). When I double click it it show following message:

The ODBC resource DLL (C:\Windows\System\ODBCINT.DLL) is a different version
the the ODBC setup DLL (C:\Windows\System\ODBCCP32.DLL).

You need to reinstall the ODBC components to ensure proper operation.

Press OK to proceed, CANCELL to abort.

I have submitted this question before & was given instructions to replace
ODBCINT.DLL. I did that but it did not replace file. I have noticed that both
files involved have same version number in C:\Windows\Options\cabs\pws file.
Both files have different versions in C:\windows\system.

How do I fix above? It has been a problem from day 1. World Book does not
install properly as well as probably several others. Thank you in advance!!

REL

2. converting a folder to a sub web

3. Windows 2000 and ODBC Problem- Help please

4. .afm doucments

5. Please help with Windows Installer Problem - URGENT

6. Problem printing to LexMark Optra Color 40

7. Help Please - ODBC error messages

8. just got mah box

9. LOTS OF PROBLEMS - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

10. ODBC-problems using win2k pro (ODBC:JDBC)

11. Please HELP with ODBC

12. Help!!! Paging File Problem and Windows Installer Problem

13. Windows Installer, Please Help