VIRUS ALERT!!!!!! VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!

VIRUS ALERT!!!!!! VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!

Post by Lee Chapell » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The moron has shotgunned this message all over usenet.

> > This guy must think we're all idiots.  To those of you who don't know better DO
> > NOT download that file.  It's a good chance that it contains a virus or a
> > trojan horse.  The guy has posted the same message to almost every newsgroup
> > I've looked at.

> What msg, who, where, when?
> Appreciate any info  thanks
> Pete

1. VIRUS Alert

There are e-mails going around that are supposedly from Microsoft that have
a security patch as an attachment.  This is the W32.Gibe.mm virus.  DO NOT
INSTALL.  I have received 2 different e-mails with this last Saturday, and I
received 4 or 5 a couple of weeks ago.  Fortunately, my AT&T Worldnet mail
server has been deleting the attachments because they have been the virus.

Also, I have contacted Microsoft and they are aware of this.

So, as an FYI, if you receive an e-mail that says it is from Microsoft
Security, with "Security Pack" in the subject, delete it.

Thank you.  We will now resume regularly scheduled Q&A.

2. Unbinding TCP/IP

3. Virus alert - is it bogus???

4. Upgrading IOS on a 1605R

5. VIRUS ALERT TODAY !!

6. Parsing Text Data into Columns

7. Temp files causing virus alert

8. Lucent/AT&T Four Line Analog Phone Won't Release Hold

9. Virus alert from CA

10. Virus Alert

11. Red Alert Virus

12. virus alert