Winamp Has Taken Over Wav Files

Post by d.. » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

> Winamp has taken over the "open with" preference for *wav files. Would like
> to go back to original.

Open WinAmp OPTIONS|PREFERENCES|FILE TYPES and kill the association to .wav
files.  Also UNcheck the three boxes at the bottom right of the dialogue
box.

To reassociate .wav with MPlayer, select any .wav file.  Then right-click on
it while holding down <shift>.  Choose OPEN WITH and checkmark the 'always
use' box.  Find MPlayer in the list and click on it.  Click on OK to exit
the dialogue box.

Winamp Has Taken Over Wav Files

Post by George M. Winfor » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

You will need to go into My Computer>View>Folder Options and then click on
File Types. Scroll down to Wave Sound and then edit the association to use
the program of your choice.

Good Luck,

geo., MS MVP (Desktop Systems), MCP (Windows 98)

Quote:> Winamp has taken over the "open with" preference for *wav files. Would
like

Post by calahe » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

Winamp has taken over the "open with" preference for *wav files. Would like
to go back to original. Please advise on how to do. Thx.

Winamp Has Taken Over Wav Files

Post by calahe » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

Thanks. I'll try it.

> > Winamp has taken over the "open with" preference for *wav files. Would
like
> > to go back to original.

> Open WinAmp OPTIONS|PREFERENCES|FILE TYPES and kill the association to
.wav
> files.  Also UNcheck the three boxes at the bottom right of the dialogue
> box.

> To reassociate .wav with MPlayer, select any .wav file.  Then right-click
on
> it while holding down <shift>.  Choose OPEN WITH and checkmark the 'always
> use' box.  Find MPlayer in the list and click on it.  Click on OK to exit
> the dialogue box.

Winamp Has Taken Over Wav Files

Post by calahe » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

Thanks.

> > Winamp has taken over the "open with" preference for *wav files. Would
like
> > to go back to original. Please advise on how to do. Thx.

> It will have done it by redirecting the basic HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wav
> entry in the registry to point to its own entry.  The normal default
> redirection is to SoundRec - which will almost certainly still be
> around so you can restore that redirection.

> Run regedit.exe, open to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wav and in the right pane
> d-click on Default and enter SoundRec

> --
> Alex Nichol MVP (DTS)

> Check out:'How to make a good newsgroup post'at
> http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

1. WinAmp has taken over Audio CD's

That's right... when I insert an Audio CD, instead of CD Player doing its
job, a window with the .cda tracks opens up, and each .cda track has a
Winamp icon.  I know I enabled (and disabled, then re-enabled) Auto-Insert
notification and autoplay in TweakUI and Device Manager.  I've gone into
Winamp and told it NOT to associate .cda tracks with Winamp, but that didn't
help.  I just want CD Player to pop up whenever I put in an audio CD.  Any
ideas?

2. Laptop heating

3. Files Without Extensions get registered as WinAmp files

4. CRM QA Analyst.....6-12 Months.....Minneapolis, MN.....$45/hr on c2c....DM_03

5. Revamped Tada.wav Ding.wav

6. Web access to Server AB: Lotus Notes exception

7. File Summary on a .WAV file, how can I get it back?

8. Security: Controlling access based on IP programmatically

9. How to Convert a Real Player file to a Wav File?

10. .wav file default player in "file types"

11. Simple one:How to erase files without the concern of users having open files ?

12. HELP: Saved Text files (.txt) now opens in Winamp

13. WINAMP FILES