Question Re CDRs

Post by Rolan » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Personally I think they're both the same.  I personally bought a pack of
Memorex CD-R discs when I purchased my CD-RW drive a few months ago.  About
the only thing I would recommend is that you buy the pre-formatted discs.
It'll save you a lot of time having to format each disc.

--
==============================
Roland

Quote:> Doesn't really fit this forum but can't think of a better one.
> CDRs on sale here this week Verbatim and Memorex, same price.

> Question : Any reason to choose one particular brand instead ot the
> other?

> Appreciate any comments so as to settle a Computer User Club (friendly)
> argument.

> Thanks  ...Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by Pete Swa » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Doesn't really fit this forum but can't think of a better one.
CDRs on sale here this week Verbatim and Memorex, same price.

Question : Any reason to choose one particular brand instead ot the
other?

Appreciate any comments so as to settle a Computer User Club (friendly)
argument.

Thanks  ...Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by Gary Engle » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Pete,
I can only add, don't buy the cheapest discs sold. A friend of mine did this
and he wound up making about 3 'coasters' out of every 10 discs he used. The
cheap discs also scratch very easily as they don't have that protective
plastic layer on disc surface. If you get a chance, compare the surface of a
name brand disc with a cheapo and you will easily see the difference.
Gary Engler

Quote:> Doesn't really fit this forum but can't think of a better one.
> CDRs on sale here this week Verbatim and Memorex, same price.

> Question : Any reason to choose one particular brand instead ot the
> other?

> Appreciate any comments so as to settle a Computer User Club (friendly)
> argument.

> Thanks  ...Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by Pete Swa » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Pete,
> I can only add, don't buy the cheapest discs sold. A friend of mine did this
> and he wound up making about 3 'coasters' out of every 10 discs he used. The
> cheap discs also scratch very easily as they don't have that protective
> plastic layer on disc surface. If you get a chance, compare the surface of a
> name brand disc with a cheapo and you will easily see the difference.
> Gary Engler

Thanks, Roland and Gary
 I figured they were about the same but some  user group members claimed one or
the other were the best...but could give no cogent reasons for that claim.This
was the friendly argument.
Thanks again,
Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by Erni » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

For your information alt.cd-rom is the CD rom group to use.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:01:19 -0500, "Gary Engler"

>Pete,
>I can only add, don't buy the cheapest discs sold. A friend of mine did this
>and he wound up making about 3 'coasters' out of every 10 discs he used. The
>cheap discs also scratch very easily as they don't have that protective
>plastic layer on disc surface. If you get a chance, compare the surface of a
>name brand disc with a cheapo and you will easily see the difference.
>Gary Engler

>> Doesn't really fit this forum but can't think of a better one.
>> CDRs on sale here this week Verbatim and Memorex, same price.

>> Question : Any reason to choose one particular brand instead ot the
>> other?

>> Appreciate any comments so as to settle a Computer User Club (friendly)
>> argument.

>> Thanks  ...Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by Dave Farme » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I buy the cheapest cdr's I can find, about $0.69 at Staples and have had no
problems.

Dave

Quote:> Doesn't really fit this forum but can't think of a better one.
> CDRs on sale here this week Verbatim and Memorex, same price.

> Question : Any reason to choose one particular brand instead ot the
> other?

> Appreciate any comments so as to settle a Computer User Club (friendly)
> argument.

> Thanks  ...Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by Jeff Richard » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

This sort of comment happens because some people will have good experience
with one brand, and others will have a good experience with another brand.
There is quite good compatibility between different brands of CD recorders
and different brands of disks, but there are differences, and some people
will experience problems with particular combinations.

Experimenting with what works best for you is the most effective way to
avoid creating coasters, but Gary's comment about avoiding the very cheapest
lines is worthwhile.
--
Jeff Richards
1999 MVP (DTS)

Quote:> snip <

> Thanks, Roland and Gary
>  I figured they were about the same but some  user group members claimed
one or
> the other were the best...but could give no cogent reasons for that
claim.This
> was the friendly argument.
> Thanks again,
> Pete

Question Re CDRs

Post by kernalsa.. » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

    I sell CDRs for 0.80 a piece including jewel cases + shipping.
Since, I have such a cheap price, the miniumum order is 50 CDS.

Thanks,
Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.