Windows Media Player 7 Question

Post by range » Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:00:00

In trying to install the new Windows Media Player 7 I get the following
message: Windows Media setup requires Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater and
DCOM95 to be installed. Setup cannot continue.

I have Internet Explorer version 5.00.2919.6307CO.

Can anyone tell me why it doesn't recognize my version of IE or is the
problem with the DCOM95 and what is this and where do I get it to install.

Thanks!

Windows Media Player 7 Question

Post by Gst » Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:00

"Ranger" ......I encountered the same problem last night. I've Internet
Explorer 5.5 and DCOM95 installed. So what is going on????
Can anybody please come up with an answer......

Thanks

Quote:> In trying to install the new Windows Media Player 7 I get the following
> message: Windows Media setup requires Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater and
> DCOM95 to be installed. Setup cannot continue.

> I have Internet Explorer version 5.00.2919.6307CO.

> Can anyone tell me why it doesn't recognize my version of IE or is the
> problem with the DCOM95 and what is this and where do I get it to install.

> Thanks!

Windows Media Player 7 Question

Post by jonan » Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I faced the SAME PROBLEM !!! SAME MESSAGE ERROR!!!
I've IE5 & Win 98 SE
So Strange; The Betta version was better :)!!!
any help ?
Thanks

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Windows Media Player 7 Question

Post by Gst » Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I just ran Scandisk and received the following message:

Drive Drive (C:) contained the following errors:

The C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\Cabs\3782
folder contained incorrect information about 3782.CI$ (MS-DOS name
3782.CI$):
The last-modified date or time for the file or folder was invalid.
  Resolution: Repair the error
  Results: Error was corrected as specified above.

ScanDisk found errors on this drive and fixed them all.

Could there be a connection with the failed installation of the Media
Player?

Gst.

Quote:> In trying to install the new Windows Media Player 7 I get the following
> message: Windows Media setup requires Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater and
> DCOM95 to be installed. Setup cannot continue.

> I have Internet Explorer version 5.00.2919.6307CO.

> Can anyone tell me why it doesn't recognize my version of IE or is the
> problem with the DCOM95 and what is this and where do I get it to install.

> Thanks!

Windows Media Player 7 Question

Post by jonan » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I fixed the problem by downloading "dcom98" from Microsoft
downloading centre :) so go to www.microsoft.com and look for
this file "dcom98" from the download page.
Good luck

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Windows Media Player 7 Question

Post by Gst » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I also fixed the problem today by downloading "dcom98" and the player
installed without problems.

Gst

Quote:> Hi,
> I fixed the problem by downloading "dcom98" from Microsoft
> downloading centre :) so go to www.microsoft.com and look for
> this file "dcom98" from the download page.
> Good luck

1. Windows Media Player -- Can the Media Library be disabled?

Is anyone aware of a way to disable Media Player's Media
Library, or atleast put the database in the specific
user's "documents and settings" folder, rather than the
all users' "documents and settings" folder?

This has become an issue at my company because the
contents of Media Library are visable to all users.

I have tried to make the database file (and the directory
it resides in) read only, but this causes Media Player to
crash.

Thanks for your input,
Ryan

2. alt.sys.amiga.uucp Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ 1/2) - AmigaUUCP general information

3. Windows Media Player Question

4. Cancelling Write/Read operation to SCSI drive

5. Windows Media Player question

6. Sendmail bounce script problem

7. Windows Media Player vs Real Player G2

8. Reveal SC400 W95 drivers?

9. Win98/Windows Media Player Question

10. Real Player - Windows Media Player

11. Media Player 7 and Windows ME question

12. Windows Media Player Problem/Question