Network password

Post by Ernest Kurt » Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am sure this has been answered hundreds of times on this list, but the
list is too active to search, so please forgive:  How does one get rid
of the "Network Password" screen when Win98 opens?

Thanks.

ernie kurtz

Network password

Post by Ovidiu Pop » Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi, Ernest.

Insert a username and no password, then hit ok. At next reboot the password
window won't pop anymore. If this doesn't work, delete all .pwl files in
your system, reboot and repeat the above. You will need to re-insert all
your stored passwords.

Ovidiu Popa
MS-MVP (DTS)

Quote:> I am sure this has been answered hundreds of times on this list, but the

Post by Steve Winogra » Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I am sure this has been answered hundreds of times on this list, but the
>list is too active to search, so please forgive:  How does one get rid
>of the "Network Password" screen when Win98 opens?

Please see this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How to Prevent a Windows 95/98 Logon Prompt at Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q152/1/04.asp?FR=0
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Desktop Systems)

No questions by e-mail, please.  Post them in the news
group so that everyone who is interested can participate.