Windows and Dos programs

Post by Dawn » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:35:45

Recently when I switch from my Dos program to windows my
Dos program stops processing.
I used to be able to set up reports to process in the Dos
program and then go into windows to do other tasks, but
now the reports in Dos stop processing if I'm not in the
Dos program.
Any thoughts what could have changed - I'm not aware of
making any changes myself.

Windows and Dos programs

Post by PCR » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:21:19

Does it only happen with that particular DOS program? R-Clk it, and select Properties, Program tab, Advanced button. Uncheck "Prevent MS-DOS programs from detecting Windows".

--
Thanks & Good Luck,
PCR

| Recently when I switch from my Dos program to windows my
| Dos program stops processing.
| I used to be able to set up reports to process in the Dos
| program and then go into windows to do other tasks, but
| now the reports in Dos stop processing if I'm not in the
| Dos program.
| Any thoughts what could have changed - I'm not aware of
| making any changes myself.

1. DOS window will not run DOS programs

I'm having a problem on a couple of machines (also winNT4) where the DOS
programs that used to work in the DOS window now just hang.  I know that at
one time they worked and they still work on other machines I have that are
running either 2K or NT.  These are EXTREMELY simple programs.  The use
fgets and fprintf to scan a file and print out a line of ascii text when
certain conditions are met.  If this is not the right room can you direct
me...?  Thanks. DK

2. Recording All Calls

3. Communicating between 16-bit DOS program and 32-bit Windows program

4. Playstation, just file veiwer?

5. Windows 98 Sees Windows 3.11 Programmes as DOS Progs

6. Gantt Charts in TeX

7. Dialling out from DOS and from DOS programs

8. Using another e-maail prog to retrieve MSN mail?

9. How to run a DOS program in DOS mode "automatically"?

10. Printing to a USB program from a DOS program that only accepts LPT printers

11. DOS program program in Win 98 SE

12. Windows 2000 and DOS programs

13. DOS program in Windows Mode