Address Toolbar dosen't save URL's

Post by Jeff Roberso » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone I've got a couple of problems with 98 SE and maybe someone can
give me a tip on how to correct them. First I have got a problem with the
Address Toolbar bar it has stopped saving the URL's that I have typed. It
appears to be clearing itself on each boot up even though there is no
setting to clear at each start up selected. Also I've lost the proper
functions of the Office 2000 Shortcut bar, all of the button now open a the
open with window instead of the selected application. I am trying to find
any solution to these two annoying problems. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks
Jeff

Address Toolbar dosen't save URL's

Post by mvp Mark L. Ferguso » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

History timeout set to zero?

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (17K) http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

> Hi everyone I've got a couple of problems with 98 SE and maybe someone can
> give me a tip on how to correct them. First I have got a problem with the
> Address Toolbar bar it has stopped saving the URL's that I have typed. It
> appears to be clearing itself on each boot up even though there is no
> setting to clear at each start up selected. Also I've lost the proper
> functions of the Office 2000 Shortcut bar, all of the button now open a the
> open with window instead of the selected application. I am trying to find
> any solution to these two annoying problems. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks
> Jeff

Address Toolbar dosen't save URL's

Post by Jeff Roberso » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Do you mean the days to keep history setting in internet options? If you do
it's set to the default of 20 days. The history works fine just the address
toolbar doesn't save anything any more.

History timeout set to zero?

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (17K)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:> Hi everyone I've got a couple of problems with 98 SE and maybe someone can
> give me a tip on how to correct them. First I have got a problem with the
> Address Toolbar bar it has stopped saving the URL's that I have typed. It
> appears to be clearing itself on each boot up even though there is no
> setting to clear at each start up selected. Also I've lost the proper
> functions of the Office 2000 Shortcut bar, all of the button now open a
the
> open with window instead of the selected application. I am trying to find
> any solution to these two annoying problems. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks
> Jeff

Address Toolbar dosen't save URL's

Post by mvp Mark L. Ferguso » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm not sure what would do that, but the registry keeps such data at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

See if that Key has a (Default) value of "".

--
mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
marfers notes for OE 5 > (17K) http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

> Hi,
> Do you mean the days to keep history setting in internet options? If you do
> it's set to the default of 20 days. The history works fine just the address
> toolbar doesn't save anything any more.

> History timeout set to zero?

> --
> mvp Mark L. Ferguson Please reply in newsgroup
> marfers notes for OE 5 > (17K)
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

> > Hi everyone I've got a couple of problems with 98 SE and maybe someone can
> > give me a tip on how to correct them. First I have got a problem with the
> > Address Toolbar bar it has stopped saving the URL's that I have typed. It
> > appears to be clearing itself on each boot up even though there is no
> > setting to clear at each start up selected. Also I've lost the proper
> > functions of the Office 2000 Shortcut bar, all of the button now open a
> the
> > open with window instead of the selected application. I am trying to find
> > any solution to these two annoying problems. Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated. Thanks
> > Jeff

1. Quick Launch toolbar won't save new toolbars

I've used the quick launch toolbars in the past fairly extensively and
I'm familiar with how they work; but now I have a problem with my home
system.  I have a few apps added, but if I add other toolbars,
including the standard address or desktop bar, they are gone the next
time I start up.

I've had very similar systems before with no problems, and I've gotten
to like this toolbar and the various things you can do with it.  I
miss it!

I have IE6, and I get all updates (maybe that's my problem?).

Any ideas?
--

2. newbie template question

3. can ping ip address' but not URL's

4. SPARC2 System SALE

5. Address toolbar will not open address and Outlook does not open urls in e-mail

6. Life of PCI?

7. 2000 server, single IP address, multiple URL's

8. PC104. Is anyone using this board for robotics?

9. Can't ping url's but can ping ip's

10. Help:- How do you remove unwanted URL's from address bar

11. DNS/DHCP IP addresses/addresses 'host unknown'

12. Install: Can't get past 'Saves Settings' !!