~Search engine choices in IE 4~

Post by ~~John Hemans~ » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

All of a sudden the dropdown box in my search frame only offers me E*
and Looksmart to search with. Anyone know why?
TIA
John

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Hemans Web Design & Multimedia

~Search engine choices in IE 4~

Post by keiro » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

That's ninmsn - what they offer. I noticed you were in Oz. Best thing to do
is use a proper search engine. Type ?********** (******** being what you
want) in the address abr (or go****************, or find****************)

Use tweakui to select your preferred search engine (it uses yahoo at the
moment)

Keiron
          c y b e r t e a c h
             web design
http://www.*teach.com.au

>All of a sudden the dropdown box in my search frame only offers me E*
>and Looksmart to search with. Anyone know why?
>TIA
>John

>--
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>John Hemans Web Design & Multimedia
>     www.jhemans.powerup.com.au
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Search engine choices in IE 4~

Post by ~~John Hemans~ » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Keiron for your quick response -
I still don't understand - I used to get a list of search engines in the
search frame, then I'd select the search engine I want to use. Now it's
changed (I think after I downloaded and installed a critical Windows
update).
Isn't there some way to get that list of possibilities back, or to add to
the number of engine options which appear in the dropdown box?
Thanks
John