Windows Login

Post by Blankma » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

If it is a "Windows logon" prompt do this:
1) try to login with no password and press ok, NOT CANCEL.
2) reboot once windows has loaded and see if it pops up again. If so, do
this once in windows.
3) go to control panel and choose network
4) if the box labeled "Primary Network Logon" is anything but Windows logon,
change it to windows logon and do steps 1-3 again and see if it goes away.
That should do it unless your two PC network is requiring the logon.

Good luck,
Blankman

Quote:> I am running Win98 SE and wish to get rid of the Login dialogue box. I
have
> disabled user profiles i.e. All users can use the same settings in Control
> Panel/
> Users. Changed my password to No password to no avail. Even Windows states
> in a tip in this box that if you do not enter a password you won't get
> bothered by
> this Login screen again. I am running a 2 PC network, is this interfering
> with the
> process?

> Any Clues

> Mike Holmes