Safe Mode question

Post by AME » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

   I have heard a lot of talk about booting computers in safe mode. What is
safe mode and when should it be used?

Safe Mode question

Post by Doug » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Safe mode loads a minimal set of drivers so that windows will start if
you're having problems with device drivers or similar.  It should be used
when you install new software or hardware and have problems and windows
won't boot normally.

Quote:>    I have heard a lot of talk about booting computers in safe mode. What
is
> safe mode and when should it be used?

Safe Mode question

Post by Paul » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Bypasses drivers to default "simple settings". Eg : Selecet a default video
adapter that is too high that causes the screen to flicker and warble - Hold
left shift during reboot. Ta Da.