Windows Help

Post by Dawn » Mon, 19 May 2003 17:50:06

Attempted to used Windows Help for a printer problem.
Clicked on printer, troubleshooter...and then Picked the
description best fitting my problem HOWEVER when I click
NEXT... the page is blank. Previously, when Ive used this,
there are suggestions to rectify the problem...NOW that
section seems to be missing. Is the same situation when
troubleshooting modems...(everything). Am wondering if
files are missing and HOW TO Find out. ANY HELP would be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Dawn

Windows Help

Post by H Leboeu » Mon, 19 May 2003 22:07:48

This apparently happened after a windows update.
To fix the problem, find the Tshoot.inf file which should be in
c:\windows\inf, right click
on it and select Install from the popup list. Have your Win cd on hand.

--

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> Attempted to used Windows Help for a printer problem.
> Clicked on printer, troubleshooter...and then Picked the
> description best fitting my problem HOWEVER when I click
> NEXT... the page is blank. Previously, when Ive used this,
> there are suggestions to rectify the problem...NOW that
> section seems to be missing. Is the same situation when
> troubleshooting modems...(everything). Am wondering if
> files are missing and HOW TO Find out. ANY HELP would be
> appreciated.

> Thank you,
> Dawn

Windows Help

Post by Brian A » Mon, 19 May 2003 22:17:22

Dawn,
 This apparently happened after a windows update. To fix the problem, find
the Tshoot.inf file which should be in c:\windows\inf, right click on it and
select Install from the popup list. Have your Win CD on hand.

--
Brian A.

Quote:> Attempted to used Windows Help for a printer problem.
> Clicked on printer, troubleshooter...and then Picked the
> description best fitting my problem HOWEVER when I click
> NEXT... the page is blank. Previously, when Ive used this,
> there are suggestions to rectify the problem...NOW that
> section seems to be missing. Is the same situation when
> troubleshooting modems...(everything). Am wondering if
> files are missing and HOW TO Find out. ANY HELP would be
> appreciated.

> Thank you,
> Dawn

1. NEED HELP please - STRANGE fonts in notepad and now in windows help...

Hi
I hope this is the correct group for the following...
PC WIN98 SE. Running well but on the 12th printout from notepad was in
large bold fonts (different family than normal). THOROUGHLY checked
PRINTERS and it's not them.
Any document regardless of where it was created (word, wordpad,
etc.)when opened in notepad had same printouts.
The above was corrected (restore registry, used new copy of notepad...)
HOWEVER, today, opened windows help, and the font on the left was very
small and narrow. Went back to notepad and now it is doing the same.
First it was attributed to a corrupt notepad. But now I am wondering re:
the font folder being corrupt?
How can one replace it?
This PC was tested for QAV and is neg. no abnormal registry entries,
thorough antiviral scan (up to date)...
I HAVE sent samples to McAffee, and NAV.

ANY HELP/ADVICE would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
P.S. sorry this is so long.

2. Mouse-yank inserts in overwite-mode

3. Need a prgram to print windows help file

4. BIG Problems with several Applications on the W2k-TS

5. How to create a window help

6. HELP! Clients out of the water.

7. Startup popup window help

8. Uploading an image using pocket ie and asp

9. Logitech cordless keyboard inop after updated windows - help!

10. windows help!

11. Win2KPro - Active Window Help

12. Disable Windows Help files

13. Windows Help missing graphics...