Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Rainer Burmeiste » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00



Is it possible to backup a file using the Win98-Backup onto
diskettes and to restore it on an other machine running
Win95 using Win95-Backup? I tried this but Win95-Backup
couldn't find any files in the qic-file. Could anybody help
me, please?

TIA
Rainer Burmeister

 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Francis Ouellet [MS MVP » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00


Hello,

        The Windows98 and Windows 95 backup formats are _not_ compatible to
my knowledge. I have tried numerous methods but none worked. Good luck!

        Sincerely,

        Francis Ouellet
        MS MVP

P.S.    Please let me know if you find a way to use the Win98 backup


Quote:> Is it possible to backup a file using the Win98-Backup onto
> diskettes and to restore it on an other machine running
> Win95 using Win95-Backup? I tried this but Win95-Backup
> couldn't find any files in the qic-file. Could anybody help
> me, please?

> TIA
> Rainer Burmeister


 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Jon_Hildru » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00


No

--
Jon Hildrum  [OSR] 274582
http://www.hildrum.com
Host - Internet Community
MVP_DTS


Quote:>Is it possible to backup a file using the Win98-Backup onto
>diskettes and to restore it on an other machine running
>Win95 using Win95-Backup? I tried this but Win95-Backup
>couldn't find any files in the qic-file. Could anybody help
>me, please?

>TIA
>Rainer Burmeister

 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Matthew Mille » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00


Using Backup98 to make files readable in backup95 - no.  On the other
hand, several folks in here have mentioned that you CAN install Backup95
on a win98 machine, and run backups which should then be compatible in
both versions.


> Is it possible to backup a file using the Win98-Backup onto
> diskettes and to restore it on an other machine running
> Win95 using Win95-Backup? I tried this but Win95-Backup
> couldn't find any files in the qic-file. Could anybody help
> me, please?

> TIA
> Rainer Burmeister

  matt.vcf
< 1K Download
 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Rainer Burmeiste » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00


Matt,

thank you for your hint. It worked. Copied the files backup.exe,
backup.cfg, chiadi.dll, chikdi.dll and qic117.vxd from the win95
machine to a new directory on the win98 machine and ran the win95
backup under win98. No problems with the restoring on the win95
machine and the win98 machine.

Thanks
Rainer Burmeister


> Using Backup98 to make files readable in backup95 - no.  On the other
> hand, several folks in here have mentioned that you CAN install Backup95
> on a win98 machine, and run backups which should then be compatible in
> both versions.



 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Tien-Sheng Hs » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00


Hi all,

I've experienced other problems with Win98 Backup, that maybe someone here
can help with .... I've never been able to successfully restore a Win98
Backup set when I use it to backup files on a set of floppies.  When the
files to be backed up take too much space and have to be stored over a set
of more than 1 floppy disk, Win98 never restores them successfully.  Has
anyone else had any experience with this?

Charles Hsu


Quote:>Is it possible to backup a file using the Win98-Backup onto
>diskettes and to restore it on an other machine running
>Win95 using Win95-Backup? I tried this but Win95-Backup
>couldn't find any files in the qic-file. Could anybody help
>me, please?

>TIA
>Rainer Burmeister

 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Wil » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00



Quote:>Matt,

>thank you for your hint. It worked. Copied the files backup.exe,
>backup.cfg, chiadi.dll, chikdi.dll and qic117.vxd from the win95
>machine to a new directory on the win98 machine and ran the win95
>backup under win98. No problems with the restoring on the win95
>machine and the win98 machine.

Help.. I have the exact opposite problem.. I need to restore some qic files
backed using win89 on a win95 system.  Do all I need is the backup.exe and
backup.cfg v98 files or are there others as well? Could someone please post
the backup v98 files for me to see if I can get it to work... TIA!!!
 
 
 

Win98 Backup and Win95 Backup

Post by Richard Ahlqui » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00


No, you will need the full version of Backup Exec from Seagate.

Hope this helps!


>Help.. I have the exact opposite problem.. I need to restore some qic files
>backed using win89 on a win95 system.  Do all I need is the backup.exe and
>backup.cfg v98 files or are there others as well? Could someone please post
>the backup v98 files for me to see if I can get it to work... TIA!!!

Richard Ahlquist
LAN Administrator, UAP