OCP - Oracle 8i New Features Exam

Post by Hamd » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:53:25

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Oracle8i New Features upgrade exam, I am
certified as OCP 7.3 and did the upgrade to 8.0, so still ahead of me the 8i
exam now, I am studing from Oracle University Course, the question is if I
compare the exam checklist from Oracle web site it doesn't map exactly to
the Material chapters, did anyone took that exam and knows what chapters are
mandatory and what are optional ?

Thanks guys !!

thanks a lot

Hamdi Mohamed
MCSE,OCP,MCP+I,ACE,CCNA

OCP - Oracle 8i New Features Exam

Post by Martin Haltmaye » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:48:11

Hi Hamdi,

SQL> select object_type from dba_objects where object_name = 'V$PARAMETER';

OBJECT_TYPE
------------------
SYNONYM

So you look up the synonyms by

SQL> select * from dba_synonyms where synonym_name = 'V$PARAMETER';

OWNER                          SYNONYM_NAME
TABLE_OWNER                    TABLE_NAME
DB_LINK

PUBLIC                         V$PARAMETER
SYS                            V_$PARAMETER

So the real object inquired is sys.v_$parameter. Now let us inquire this:

SQL> select object_type from dba_objects where object_name = 'V_$PARAMETER' and
owner = 'SYS';

OBJECT_TYPE
------------------
VIEW

Here you go. The real object is the view sys.v_$parameter.

Please don't crosspost.

Martin

> Hi all,

> I have a question regarding the Oracle8i New Features upgrade exam, I am
> certified as OCP 7.3 and did the upgrade to 8.0, so still ahead of me the 8i
> exam now, I am studing from Oracle University Course, the question is if I
> compare the exam checklist from Oracle web site it doesn't map exactly to
> the Material chapters, did anyone took that exam and knows what chapters are
> mandatory and what are optional ?

> Thanks guys !!

> thanks a lot

> Hamdi Mohamed
> MCSE,OCP,MCP+I,ACE,CCNA

1. OCP 8i dba new features exam - available since Oct 1

What is the hyperlink/ web address to this ?
thanks!
Bruce

cc:
Subject:  OCP 8i dba new features exam - available since Oct 1

 Message from the Deja.com forum:
 comp.databases.oracle.server
 Your subscription is set to individual email delivery

The OCP 8i DBA New Features  exam has been available from Sylvan Prometric for
the last 4 weeks - I registered for it today - if you're like me you've been
looking for it on the Oracle Education / Certification page - there has been NO
NOTICE given there.

 * Read this thread at
 http://www.deja.com/thread/%3C38237CC0.1E7D4A90%40dot.co.pima.az.us%3E

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy.

2. Oracle DBA need in Rhode Island

3. Oracle 8i on linux

4. Oracle 8 New features, OCP exam

5. English Query build in semantics and syntaxis

6. Oracle 8i New Features Upgrade Exam

7. LDAP / X.500?

8. Oracle 8i New features for administrators exam ( 1Z0-020 )

9. Latest Study Guides for Oracle 8i 9i OCP OCA exam

10. Oracle 8i DBA OCP Exam IZO-023

11. Oracle 8i OCP exams

12. Oracle 8 to 8i OCP Bridge Exam...