Tool to analyse Forms 4.5 Apps

Post by Randy Moor » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Is anyone aware of a tool, utility, or method that allows you to map an
application written in forms (4.5)?  My company has taken over an app that
was outsourced (and not documented).  I have to analyze and document the
app, what fmb files are used, what the flow is from one to another, etc.

Also, what tools or methods are others using to model forms apps (or web
apps) ?

Tool to analyse Forms 4.5 Apps

Post by oracl » Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Randy,

You could try reverse engineering the whole aplication into Oracle Designer
V1.3.2 or V2.1 (where it is called capture, not reverse engineering). That
would give you the whole database structure including any constraints
(primary, foreign, unique keys and business constraints) set up against the
various tables / views, and for the forms, it would document the usages of
those tables / views (update/insert/delete etc)

I don't think you'll be lucky enough to get the forms called network out of
the capture, but this would provide an excellent starting point for
understanding your new application.

Regards
Jon Adlum

> Is anyone aware of a tool, utility, or method that allows you to map an
> application written in forms (4.5)?  My company has taken over an app that
> was outsourced (and not documented).  I have to analyze and document the
> app, what fmb files are used, what the flow is from one to another, etc.

> Also, what tools or methods are others using to model forms apps (or web
> apps) ?

1. Running 10.7 Apps GUI form in Forms 4.5 outside Apps

Hi

I have been trying to modify an Apps 10.7 form.
This is a GUI form in forms 4.5
But when I try to run this form in Dev 2000 : forms 4.5
I get the error : on error trigger failure.

This form  requires two other forms to run as the objects
in this form are connected. I have put these other forms
APPSTAND.frm and INVSTAND.frm in the same directory
in C: drive. I have put the path of this directory  Forms_Path
registry. I am trying to run this form in Windows 95.

The form runs fine on the apps.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely
Sridhar

2. FM4.0 bug??

3. Convert Forms 3 -> Forms 4.5 App

4. DataBase program for Web site

5. Running different versions of a forms 4.5 app on Win95

6. -404 on OPEN cursor (stupid Informix!!!!)

7. automated testing tools for Oracle Forms 4.5

8. Cristal Report data from where

9. Portage d'une application de FORMS 3.0 en FORMS 4.5

10. Migrating SQL*Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5, 5 or 6

11. Forms 4.5: Start Form Maximized

12. Forms 4.5 to Forms 6

13. Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5