Problem with oidadmin on Oracle8.1.7/Linux: Missing libnldapj8.so

Problem with oidadmin on Oracle8.1.7/Linux: Missing libnldapj8.so

Post by Frank D√ľnsched » Tue, 19 Dec 2000 05:21:57

Hello all,

I've a problem with the oidadmin on Oracle8.1.7/Linux.

When I start the oidadmin (OracleInternetDirectory aka LDAP Admin tool), it
starts normally. But if I want to connect to the database the java machine
throws an error that states, that the library 'libnldapj8.so' is missing. Is
there a possibility to generate this library?

BTW: oidadmin is a java tool to manage the Oracle OID/LDAP server.
-- At the time Oracle8i was new on Linux, there was a possibility to create
the 'libclntsh8.so' thru the use of 'genclntsh'. Later a bugfix was
delivered by ORACLE -- Anything similar here?

--Thanks in advance, FD.

1. Problem with JDBC and oracle8 for linux

Hi Newsgroup!

Ich entwicke ein Applet, welches ber JDBC auf eine Oracle8 Trieal
Version zugreift. Aber die begefgten Treiber sind nicht ausreichend.
Mein Problem:

1. Gibt es einen Unterschied zwischen THIN und OCI8 Treibern? Wenn ja,
welchen?
2. Wo bekomme ich OCI8 Treiber fr meine Oracle8 Linux DB her?

CU

Wolfgang

2. 5105 error attempting to remove readonly

3. Oracle8/Linux Install Problem

4. 4 INFORMIX-questions

5. problem with install oracle8.15i on linux server

6. How do you programaticaly change the name of a table.

7. problem install Oracle8.1.5 onto Linux 6.2

8. How to administer remotelly Oracle8 on Linux from OEM(on WinNT4.0) Problem

9. Concurrence problems on oracle8 run with linux

10. Oracle8 for Linux OCI link problem

11. problems with installing oracle8 on Linux