Install & Configure Oracle db

Post by Serge *Anonymous Coward* Marel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is a tool which can be used to setup &
configure an Oracle db _automatically_ (to a large degree) ?

I'm not talking about Oracle db assistant.  What I'm looking for is
something I can integrate with my application's installation and
configuration tool so it asks for a few parameters (predefined by
myself) and automagically creates the database or db creation scripts.

Am I making myself clear?  Sorry but English is not my mother language

Serge

  The opinions expressed are mine and none other's
Serge Marelli

Install & Configure Oracle db

Post by Van Messne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

For a useful database, there is a lot more to specify than just your
init.ora parameters.  How do you plan to specify everything else?

"Serge *Anonymous Coward* Marelli"

> Hi,

> I was wondering whether there is a tool which can be used to setup &
> configure an Oracle db _automatically_ (to a large degree) ?

> I'm not talking about Oracle db assistant.  What I'm looking for is
> something I can integrate with my application's installation and
> configuration tool so it asks for a few parameters (predefined by
> myself) and automagically creates the database or db creation scripts.

> Am I making myself clear?  Sorry but English is not my mother language

> Serge

----
>   The opinions expressed are mine and none other's
----
> Serge Marelli

Install & Configure Oracle db

Post by Serge *Anonymous Coward* Marel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I know this.  We already know most of the parameters (like
tablespaces, tables and such) but need to find an automated tool so we
can ship one CD to the customer, who'd click on SETUP and here you go,
it creates/installs the DB instance, tablespaces (asking about some
size and location parameter)  _and_ our software.

And my client is happy.  If the tool doesn't exist, I'll have to
create it :-(

Serge

Da Big Book quoteth on Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:50:08 GMT, famous Monk "Van