how do run sql from the command line with embedded sql

how do run sql from the command line with embedded sql

Post by RABK » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

how do i run embedded sql from a unix shell

kindah as such

select * from DUAL;

!

Post by Denis Scholle » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> how do i run embedded sql from a unix shell

> kindah as such

> select * from DUAL;

> !

It is as simple as :

select * from emp;
exit
!

how do run sql from the command line with embedded sql

Post by John Higgin » Sat, 10 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Even better:

sqlplus  <<!

select * from emp;
exit
!

This took the scott/tiger user/password off the command line where it
may be visible to other users via the ps command.

> > how do i run embedded sql from a unix shell

> > kindah as such

> > select * from DUAL;

> > !

> It is as simple as :

> select * from emp;
> exit
> !

1. Command-line options for running SQL Query Analyzer (SQL 2000)

I'm trying to create a batch file that will, upon running, open up an
instance of SQL Query Analyzer, and pass it the necessary information
(server name, database name, user ID, and password).

Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck. This is what I have so far (the
names have been changed to protect the innocent, of course... ;)  ):

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\isqlw.exe" -s
SQLSvr1 -d Database1 -E -U MyUserID -P password

Unfortunately, when I try this, it seems to open up a Query analyzer window,
but it gives me an error that says "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

However, I have verified that the server name, database name, user ID, and
password are all valid (if I use them to manually connect within Query
Analyzer, it all works fine).

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

2. Multiple users?

3. No command line for embedded SQL on NT

4. North Carolina - Oracle Programmer Analyst

5. command line to run sql scripts (newbie)

6. Restoring replicated database

7. How to run SQL scripts via command-line?

8. NULL Values returned for a non-NULL value in an existing DB record. ??

9. How to run SQL script was command line.

10. Running SQL scripts from command line.

11. Running a SQL file from OSQL command line utility

12. run sql script from command line?

13. Running SQL scripts from the command line on NT