1. ias 9i - Portal - root.sh and launch.sh
I try to install Portal (Minimal Selection of Oracle ias 9i ) on
got some problems:
- Oracle 8.1.7 database works fine
- listener.ora works fine (hacked as suggested in technet.oracle.com)
- tnsnames.ora works fine (hacked as suggested in technet.oracle.com)
- environement is set fine
I installed Oralce 8.1.7 and as suggestion of technet.oracle.com I
9i ias in a different $ORACLE_HOME
1st problem : near the end of the installation the root.sh script does
not work -
I will get the following error.log
"Please delete any log and trace files previously
created by the Oracle Enterprise Manager Intelligent
Agent. These files may be found in the directories
you use for storing other Net8 log and trace files.
If such files exist, the OEM IA may not restart."
The script looks like to delete any logs and traces itself and I do
not get any message of
success. Is there anything ok ?
2nd problem :
Installing the portal server with launch.sh : If I set $silent=false
the error.log can not
connect to sqlplus as sys (I typed in the correct pass)and hangs up
with the following error.log
--- begin ----
INSTALL_DEBUG : Arguments passed to Configuration Assistant
INSTALL_DEBUG : Silent? - args: true
INSTALL_DEBUG : Portal Schema - args: portal30
INSTALL_DEBUG : Portal DAD - args: portal30
INSTALL_DEBUG : SSO Schema - args: portal30_sso
INSTALL_DEBUG : SSO DAD - args: portal30_sso
INSTALL_DEBUG : Listener Hostname - args: oraserver
INSTALL_DEBUG : Listener Port - args: 7777
Image Path for wdblogo.jpg :
INSTALL_ACTION : STEP 0 :Creating database utility connect strings for
the different layers of Portal
INSTALL_ACTION : STEP 1 :Installing obfuscation toolkit
INSTALL_ACTION:STEP 1: installCatPkgs() :../../bin/sqlplus
SQL*Plus: Release 126.96.36.199.0 - Production on Fri Jun 8 10:43:38 2001
(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
---- end ----
If I set $silent=true the launch.sh hangs up (as the error log
reported) with a java.lang.NullPointerException.
(Error log to long for the newsgroup)
Following questions :
- somebody got the same problems and solved it ?
- are there possibilities to check and change the Sys - Pass in the
code for the launch.sh ?
- somebody checked whether there must be a differenz $ORACLE_HOME
- somebody got a good Web Side which shows to handle the problem
(technet.oracle.com do not !!!)
Thanks for any advance
Henner / Berlin / Germany
2. Job Postings-- Why Here?
3. vfp5.0 multiuser and shared file update problem
4. root.sh error on ora 8.04 for solaris
5. child process problem
6. Problem with Running root.sh script
7. SP Error Handling?
8. running root.sh - a security risk?
9. Solaris x86 Oracle 8 Installation Problem with root.sh
10. Oracle 8 installation Problem with root.sh
11. Question on : root.sh
12. root.sh Please raise the ORACLE owner's ulimit as per the IUG