LoadLibrary and Proc 2.1

Post by jeff ki » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have an example of loading Proc 2.1 using LoadLibrary? I
need to have more control over when it is loaded and unloaded from
memory for any given one of my applications, and am considering
LoadLibrary.

It has to do with performance, and the time it takes for my
applications to load into memory and connect to the database on
machines with limited memory.

Any helpful pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff Kish

616 956 7755 voice
616 956 9410 fax

LoadLibrary and Proc 2.1

Post by Gert Rij » Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi Jeff,
i've written some c code to dynamically load ORA7[x]WIN.DLL (the highest
version availlable on the client-machine). This code is for oci programs
(which have other entry-points then pro*c). If you want it as a sample mail

greetings,
        Gert

Quote:> Does anyone have an example of loading Proc 2.1 using LoadLibrary? I
> need to have more control over when it is loaded and unloaded from
> memory for any given one of my applications, and am considering
> LoadLibrary.

> It has to do with performance, and the time it takes for my
> applications to load into memory and connect to the database on
> machines with limited memory.

1. Proc 2.1 and loadlibrary

Does anyone have an example of loading Proc 2.1 using LoadLibrary? I
need to have more control over when it is loaded and unloaded from
memory for any given one of my applications, and am considering
LoadLibrary.

It has to do with performance, and the time it takes for my
applications to load into memory and connect to the database on
machines with limited memory.

Any helpful pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff Kish

616 956 7755 voice
616 956 9410 fax

2. US-CA-Sacramento Technical Support Engineers, Unify Corporation

3. How do you turn off Prepare Stored Proc with MDAC 2.1 to SQL 7

4. ERwin e-mail list server

5. Problem opening recordset for update ADO 2.1/Jet 4.0/Access 2000 stored proc

6. Is there a way to add comments about a table or a column in SQL server 7?

7. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

8. load library and proc 2.1

9. JDBC Support in NetBeans Developer 2.1 and DeveloperX2 2.1

10. LoadLibrary failed on sqlsui.dll

11. LoadLibrary() fails to load LIBSYBDB.DLL