Oracle supplied scripts

Post by tiny anklet bell » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Oracle supplies a bunch of SQL scripts with 8.1.5 -- in
$ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin and in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, for example.

- Where can I find a catalog of these scripts that summarizes what each
one does?  The readmes I've looked through don't seem to document the
Oracle-supplied scripts, and the docs CD doesn't seem to have this either.

- Which ones should I be running upon creation of a new database?  At the
moment I'm only running catdbsyn.sql and pupbld.sql, but I think I'm
missing a prerequisite script or two -- I'm getting a lot of 'Public
synonym to be dropped not found' and 'Object FOO does not exist' errors
when I run them.

Thanks,
Natalka Roshak

--
He stands proud in his uniform
He knows he's made it now

Oracle supplied scripts

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You should run
catalog.sql and catproc.sql, if you didn't create and/or upgrade your
database through the installer. Frequently also catexp.sql seems not to be
run automatically.
If all is well, this should be documented in the installation and users
guide.
All scripts starting with cat or prvt are called upon by these catalog.sql
and catproc.sql. The utl* scripts are documented in the Application
Developers Guide.
pupbld.sql is for sqlplus, catdbsyn should be obsolete.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> Oracle supplies a bunch of SQL scripts with 8.1.5 -- in
> $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin and in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, for example.

> - Where can I find a catalog of these scripts that summarizes what each
> one does?  The readmes I've looked through don't seem to document the
> Oracle-supplied scripts, and the docs CD doesn't seem to have this either.

> - Which ones should I be running upon creation of a new database?  At the
> moment I'm only running catdbsyn.sql and pupbld.sql, but I think I'm
> missing a prerequisite script or two -- I'm getting a lot of 'Public
> synonym to be dropped not found' and 'Object FOO does not exist' errors
> when I run them.

> Thanks,
> Natalka Roshak

> --
> He stands proud in his uniform
> He knows he's made it now
> He's been told he'll be a hero
> But he hasn't been told how
> He receives his plastic key to heaven
> Takes his holy vow
> Then he turns,
> Then he's gone
> --Peter Ulrich, "Taqaharu's Leaving"

1. CA-SUNNYVALE-258315--ERP-Java-ORACLE-SAP-ORACLE APPLICATION ARCHITECT -- ERP SUPPLY CHAIN X

=
Company    : Coho Group
Website    : http://www.cohogroup.com
Job Title  : ORACLE APPLICATION ARCHITECT -- ERP SUPPLY CHAIN X
Location   : SUNNYVALE, CA
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
The Coho Group specializes in placing qualified software engineers. We work
closely with over 500 companies representing cutting edge technology involving
database development, vertical applications, networking, internet technologies,
and call center application development.

Start Date : IMMEDIATE
 Rate : DOE,Market
 Duration : Perm

Oracle Application architect who has strong skills in design and development
of ERP like Large Transactional packaged applications. Prefer someone with SAP
or Oracle Manufacturing Applications and developed Supply Chain Management,
Bills-of-Material, Engineering Change Management modules. Experience in XML,
Java and EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) or middleware products such
as TIBCO, Active, Crossroads, Vitria will be great plus.

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* ERP
* Java
* ORACLE
* SAP
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : SJ.7776
Jay Pitkethly

Phone: 408-867-9400
   -   -

** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** AltaVista   *** ClassifiedsWarehouse
   ** erpcentral.com   ** Classifieds 2000     ** Usenet Newsgroups
           ** VBOnline.com   ** ORASearch.com

2. Microsoft Word/Works Database Help

3. Converting SQL Server 7.0 Scripts to SQL Server 6.5

4. ODBC to Oracle via supplied Visigenic drivers

5. OLAP with HuronObjectstar

6. Oracle - Supplied Provider is different from the one already in use

7. Grid Problem

8. US-FL-ORACLE SUPPLY CHAIN CONSULTANT

9. Oracle Supply Chain Manager - West Coast

10. Oracle Manufacturing or Supply Chain Functional Consultant(s), Permanent

11. Oracle Supply chain Management