Oracle 8i EE on Linux: can't set MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED.

Oracle 8i EE on Linux: can't set MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED.

Post by Kevin O'Gorma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm really new to Oracle, so I'm hoping this is an easy question.

I just got 8i up on RedHat 6.0 (unmodified).  I built a database.  I'm
about to set up some more
tablespaces, but when I include MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED in the
CREATE TABLESPACE
command (under svrmgrl)  it complains about and illegal value for
MAXEXTENTS.  If I take out
that phrase, leaving MINEXTENTS 1 and  PCTINCREASE 0, it goes through
okay.

This seems really peculiar, because I had cut-and-pasted this from the
script that created my
database.

Any clues?

--

1. 8I EE on RH 6.0: can't specify MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED

Surely I'm doing something wrong.  I'm quite new to Oracle, so be
gentle...

I've just installed 8i EE on a fresh RH 6.0 system.  I copied some of
the commands from the scripts
that made my database because I want to create my own tablespace.  For
some reason, the
MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED that I copied is unacceptable to svrmgrl.  It
complains of an
illegal value.  When I remove that phrase, the commands go through.

Any hints?

--

2. GATHER MEMVAR, Part 2

3. Oracle 8i EE ON Linux

4. Force writing to harddisk

5. Oracle 8i EE on Linux

6. VFP6 View with Substring Search?

7. Oracle 8i EE SDE extensions on 8i

8. VFP 6.0 & File does not exist

9. 8i (8.1.6) EE on Linux - dbasst crashes

10. Maxextents unlimited on LMT ?

11. oracle 8i on linux RH6 (sorry, my reply address was set to garbage data)

12. Probleme JVM pour l'instalation de oracle 8i sur linux

13. Does JDeveloper's EJBs work on Personal Oracle 8i or Oracle 8i Lite