Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Post by Craig Buchana » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:18:44

For Immediate Release

Monday, June 17, 2002 - Cogniza is proud to announce the release of
UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports.  UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports provides
date and time zone conversion functions that gives new options when using
Crystal Reports with Remedy's Action Request (AR) System.  To understand the
value of this new product, some background on Remedy is appropriate.

Background
Remedy AR System, from Peregrine Systems, stores dates in 'Epoch date'
format.  An Epoch date is the number of elapsed seconds since January 1,
1970 at Midnight Greenwich Mean Time.  To provide a more
human-understandable value, the Remedy ODBC driver converts this value to
the familiar date and time format, using the user's regional settings,
including time zone and seasonal adjustments (e.g. Daylight Savings).

Challenges
One of the challenges for developers, however, when working with Remedy's AR
System is the one-table-per-query restriction imposed by the Remedy ODBC
driver.  When working with Crystal Reports and Remedy, this restriction
prevents more that one table or view from being used in a report.

To address this issue when using Crystal Reports within the Remedy client,
developers use sub-reports or request that the Remedy System Administrator
creating a join table in the Remedy database.  These solutions, while
addressing the immediate need, lead to decreased database and report
performance, increased report development time and increased demands on the
Remedy System Administrator's time.  Fortunately, there is another solution
to these challenges!

Solutions
UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports provides the same Epoch date and time zone
conversion functions as the Remedy ODBC driver, but without the
restrictions.  By using UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports in conjunction with
a non-restrictive database driver, one can:
* Use the latest version of Crystal Reports
* Run reports externally from the Remedy client

Value
UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports will increase productivity and lower costs
by:
* Making developers more productive
* Decreasing report development time
* Decreasing the demands on the Remedy System Administrator's time

Download
To download a 30-day-trial version of UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports, visit
http://www.cogniza.com/products/UFLTimeZoneW_30.exe.

Coming soon, UFLTimeZone for Crystal Enterprise!

About Cogniza
Founded in 1996, Cogniza is a US company, headquartered in Minneapolis,
Minnesota.  We focus on providing consulting and software solutions to the
IT Systems and Service Management community.  Our solutions include ITSM
consulting, business-intelligence-application integration and programmatical
components.  For more information, visit http://www.cogniza.com.

Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Post by Howard J. Roger » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:57:53

Quote:> For Immediate Release

> [...]

> Value
> UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports will increase productivity and lower costs
> by:
> * Making developers more productive
> * Decreasing report development time
> * Decreasing the demands on the Remedy System Administrator's time

> Download
> To download a 30-day-trial version of UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports,
visit
> http://www.cogniza.com/products/UFLTimeZoneW_30.exe.

> Coming soon, UFLTimeZone for Crystal Enterprise!

> About Cogniza
> Founded in 1996, Cogniza is a US company, headquartered in Minneapolis,
> Minnesota.  We focus on providing consulting and software solutions to the
> IT Systems and Service Management community.  Our solutions include ITSM
> consulting, business-intelligence-application integration and

"Headquartered"? Yet another noun joins the list of verbs. I suppose you
'architechted" this product, did you, since 'designing' it probably didn't
seem important enough?

Good grief.

Take your spam and stick it where the sun illuminates less capably.

Incidentally, when did companies stop providing products? Everything these
days seems to be a "solution", which I find solvents are usually better at
creating.

HJR

Post by Daniel Morga » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:02:03

> For Immediate Release

> Monday, June 17, 2002 - Cogniza is proud to announce the release of ...
> <snipped to avoid reproducing spam>.

Apparently so very proud that you posted with a phony email address and posted
in the wrong usenet group.

To avoid hurting your obviously immense pride I won't be visiting your web site
or following up on your spam.

Next time try posting to c.d.o.marketplace and using a real email address.

Daniel Morgan

Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Post by R Chi » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:42:22

Care to explain what the heck Remedy is ???

> [...]

>* Decreasing report development time
>* Decreasing the demands on the Remedy System Administrator's time

>Download
>To download a 30-day-trial version of UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports,
visit
>http://www.cogniza.com/products/UFLTimeZoneW_30.exe.

>Coming soon, UFLTimeZone for Crystal Enterprise!

>About Cogniza
>Founded in 1996, Cogniza is a US company, headquartered in Minneapolis,
>Minnesota.  We focus on providing consulting and software solutions to the
>IT Systems and Service Management community.  Our solutions include ITSM
>consulting, business-intelligence-application integration and
programmatical
>components.  For more information, visit http://www.cogniza.com.

Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Post by Steven Haus » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:08:43

Crystal Reports is a lame, expensive product. Remedy is not much better.

Take your advertising spam to the third circle of hell.

Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Post by Niall Litchfiel » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:26:07

Quote:> "Headquartered"? Yet another noun joins the list of verbs. I suppose you
> 'architechted" this product, did you, since 'designing' it probably didn't
> seem important enough?

> Good grief.

I might listen to him but unlike Bull ( no really) he doesn't say he is
'goaled on my satisfaction' and so I can't take him seriously.

Quote:

> Take your spam and stick it where the sun illuminates less capably.

ROFL.

Quote:

> Incidentally, when did companies stop providing products? Everything these
> days seems to be a "solution", which I find solvents are usually better at
> creating.

Amen. Of course I note from the 9i OUI that enterprise edition is
appropriate for 'mission critical' applications whereas poor old standard is
only appropriate for 'business critical' purposes. Perhaps std should be
widely adopted and EE consigned to software services companies. I know I'd
rather protect the audit commission's business than any 'mission'.

yours thinking outside the box (or was that Ronaldo)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

Post by NorwoodThr » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:34:05

For immediate release:

CRYSTAL REPORTS SUCKS.
THE PRODUCT IN THIS SPAM SUCKS.
PRESS RELEASES SUCK!!!

Oracle Reports rules.

Post by Joel Gar » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:19:33

>Care to explain what the heck Remedy is ???

Peregrine systems bought Remedy not long ago for big bucks.  It is a
system for Help Desks.  They are now spinning it off into a separate
company because Peregrine has been discovered to have been illegally
booking revenue, doing such things as swapping software with another
company, purposefully booking the sales of each on different dates so
they can claim it as revenue, increasing the sales volume to drive the
stock price up, while insiders dump the stocks.  Similar to the pre-booking
Larry was caught doing a dozen years ago, except now we are in an
Accounting Scare, so more severe punishment for the same things may be ordered.

I don't know about the more modern Remedy, but on an older version I was
ocassionally dragged into DBA work because it would self-immolate its
password file.  I definitely had the impression it was written for other
databases and poorly ported to Oracle.  The AR daemon would also sometimes
ignore requests to stop before the cron would start a backup <sigh>, but
not ignore the post-backup request to start another daemon, screwing
itself unpredictably.  Or something like that.  Only being dragged into
it went it broke make it hard to tell.

jg
--
These opinions are my own.