ORA- 01012 when interfacing Java and C++

ORA- 01012 when interfacing Java and C++

Post by AMIE » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello folks.

Working on an Oracle 8.0.5 for Windows NT, we have the following problem.
We run a program written in java, make a call to a DLL written in C++ (JNI)
which call a DLL written in C++ and Pro*C in order to make the connection
whith the database, go back to the java program and again in the DLLs in
order to run a "select" command ... and at this point we have the ORA-01012
error "NOT LOGGED ON", Damn ;-))))))

Changing the DLL (JNI) in order to run the "select" command just after the
connection, no problem appears !!!!!!
The inconvenient is that, of course, we don't want to reconnect each time we
want to run a "select" command.

Does anyone have an idea ?
Best regards to all of you.

ORA- 01012 when interfacing Java and C++

Post by Joe Hopkin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is it possible your connection is being garbage cleaned by the JVM following
the
unloading of your JNI dll?

Have you attempted to use JDBC/Thin drivers to use the JSQL pkg with
success or failure?

Just some ideas...

> Hello folks.

> Working on an Oracle 8.0.5 for Windows NT, we have the following problem.
> We run a program written in java, make a call to a DLL written in C++ (JNI)
> which call a DLL written in C++ and Pro*C in order to make the connection
> whith the database, go back to the java program and again in the DLLs in
> order to run a "select" command ... and at this point we have the ORA-01012
> error "NOT LOGGED ON", Damn ;-))))))

> Changing the DLL (JNI) in order to run the "select" command just after the
> connection, no problem appears !!!!!!
> The inconvenient is that, of course, we don't want to reconnect each time we
> want to run a "select" command.

> Does anyone have an idea ?
> Best regards to all of you.

1. ORA-01012 when interfacing Java and C++

Hello folks.

Working on an Oracle 8.0.5 for Windows NT, we have the following problem.
We run a program written in java, make a call to a DLL written in C++ (JNI)
which call a DLL written in C++ and Pro*C in order to make the connection
whith the database, go back to the java program and again in the DLLs in
order to run a "select" command ... and at this point we have the ORA-01012
error "NOT LOGGED ON", Damn ;-))))))

Changing the DLL  in order to run the "select" command just after the
connection, no problem appears !!!!!!
The inconvenient is that, of course, we don't want to reconnect each time we
want to run a "select" command.

Does anyone have an idea why we lose the connection ?
Best regards to all of you.

2. Cancel impossible when Valid()s exist?

3. ORA-01012 error : not logged on using ProC/C++

4. Scripting an Access database

5. ORA-01012:not logged on: ProC/C++

6. select database

7. ORA-01012: not logged in

8. Networking Paradox 4.5

9. newbie question - ORA-01012 in dbassist

10. Need help with 'ORA-01012' error

11. ORA-01012: not logged on

12. ORA-01012: not logged on.......help.......

13. Oracle Error ORA-01012: not logged on