FRM-99999

Post by Breno de Avellar Gome » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I am receiving error FRM-99999 from Forms 5.0 from workstations when trying
connection with Forms Server.
It runs on NT 4.0 SP5 with Oracle Server 8.0.4.

I am about to upgrade to Forms 6. Is it necessary to keep Jinitiator? I have
1.1.7.18.
Does installer uses same ORACLE_HOME created by Oracle 8.0.4 installer?

Any suggestions, experiences and comments will be valuable.

Thanks in advance.
|  -)                                          (-  |
|  /\\  Linux the choice of the GNU generation  //\  |
| _\_v                                          v_/_ |

Breno de Avellar Gomes
Database Applications & Internet Developer

Arquivo-Sistemas de Bases de Dados
P. O. Box 5006
EC Municipio
4017-001 Porto
Portugal

Cellular phone: 351-917383469

ICQ # 35567342

Toll free fax and answering machine from USA
1-888-E*2  extension  291-303-8152

Outside USA (international fares apply)
1-917-463-3173

FRM-99999

Post by John Alexande » Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:44:28

If you have a choice, consider upgrading to Forms 6i instead of 6.0. 6i
cleaned up some GUI bugs that exist in 6.0.

Yes, you will still need JInitiator, preferable the latest version. I
experienced some problems when using an earlier version with 6i that
disappeared once I donwloaded 1.X.X.27. Any PC's that already have it
installed will need to un-install it and re-install. The JInitiator install
process did not automatically upgrade existing versions.

As far as the ORACLE_HOME, my experience has been using a separate box for
database and forms server. Since the forms server can be resource intensive,
you may want to consider putting it on a separate box from the database.

As far as the FRM-99999, its the Forms Server catch-all error number. The
only way I have been able to solve them is searching for solutions on
MetaLink.

Regards,
John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com

> Hello,

> I am receiving error FRM-99999 from Forms 5.0 from workstations when
trying
> connection with Forms Server.
> It runs on NT 4.0 SP5 with Oracle Server 8.0.4.

> I am about to upgrade to Forms 6. Is it necessary to keep Jinitiator? I
have
> 1.1.7.18.
> Does installer uses same ORACLE_HOME created by Oracle 8.0.4 installer?

> Any suggestions, experiences and comments will be valuable.

> Thanks in advance.
> --
>  ----------------------------------------------------
> |  -)                                          (-  |
> |  /\\  Linux the choice of the GNU generation  //\  |
> | _\_v                                          v_/_ |
>  ----------------------------------------------------

> Breno de Avellar Gomes
> Database Applications & Internet Developer

> Arquivo-Sistemas de Bases de Dados
> P. O. Box 5006
> EC Municipio
> 4017-001 Porto
> Portugal

> Cellular phone: 351-917383469

> ICQ # 35567342

> Toll free fax and answering machine from USA
> 1-888-E*2  extension  291-303-8152

> Outside USA (international fares apply)
> 1-917-463-3173

1. FRM-99999 and web enabled forms 5.0

We are using web enabled 5.0 forms.  We have hundreds of users
out in userland viewing the forms through Netscape 4.5 on NT.
Occasionaly, while using a form, the users get:

 FRM-99999 Network error has occured. Client will be unable to
continue.

The form becomes unusable and none of the buttons work.  The form
is dead.  When I push details on the alert, I get information about
data stream and java sockets.  So, I am guessing a broken java socket
has occured between the browser and the forms server. I read,
somehwere?, that a possible fix to this, is to catch the FRM-99999
error in an ON-ERROR trigger and issue a logon command to relogin to
the server.  I have attempted to catch a FRM-99999 error but it seems
to be un-catchable.  I dont  think the ON-ERROR trigger fires during
an FRM-99999.  I even tried an ON-MESSAGE trigger, no help.  I have
also put a logon command within a button and tried pushing it when I
get a FRM-99999 network error to force a logon.  This also did not
work.  It seems as though once I get this error, the form is dead and
there is nothing I can do to restart the session within the form.  To
restart a session, Netscape must be killed and restarted.  Ofcourse,
killing netscape causes the non-responsive form to dissappear.  All
work in the form is lost.  My questions, that I hope someone with
experience will answer, are:

1) What exactly may be causing these network errors?  Is it possible
the server has to many/limited socket connections? Can I change a
config file?

2) Will this logon on remedy above actually work after breaking a java
socket?  Am I just approaching this logon imp the wrong way?

3) Anyone else experiencing FRM-99999 Network errors?

4) Is this possibly a Netscape 4.5 JVM problem?  Will using a
different browser help?

2. Node diagrams under FPW - VFP ?

3. FRM-99999 error when running web-enabled forms

4. Don't spend your weekends mowing the lawn!

5. FRM-99999

6. dumping tables in non-public schemas..

7. FRM-99999 error on Web forms

8. Cube Processing

9. FRM-99999 using Developer Server

10. frm-99999 error

11. OWAS 3.0.2 & FORMS 5.0 error : FRM-99999

12. Random Number between 1-99999

13. FRM-40735 and FRM-40815