Oracle vs NT vs ...

Post by Nic » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

We are evaluating various db vendors, and have been recommended SQL Server
by a third party softwarre house. The system is quiet large with 1000+
users, and we are considering using Java with VisiBroker, which maps quiet
well into Oracle. Could anyone please point me in the direction of some
database comparions papers, I would really appreciate it.

regards

Ian Edmondstone

Oracle vs NT vs ...

Post by Pavel Polca » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
In November 1996 issue of DBMS magazine (www.dbmsmag.com) you'll find a
comparison of six major databases.

Regads,

Pavel

Quote:> We are evaluating various db vendors, and have been recommended SQL
Server
> by a third party softwarre house. The system is quiet large with 1000+
> users, and we are considering using Java with VisiBroker, which maps
quiet
> well into Oracle. Could anyone please point me in the direction of some
> database comparions papers, I would really appreciate it.

> regards

> Ian Edmondstone

1. Oracle 7 vs 8 and Oracle Unix vs Win/NT

Being dealing with Oracle only a couple of days I've a very basic
question:
Is there any compact compilation of features/bugs of and differences
between

(a) Oracle running under Unix vs Win/NT (performance differences,
specific installtion problems, available satelite-products etc...)

and
(b) Old and New Oracle Products (Versions 7 vs 8)?

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. SELECT COUNT CPU Intensive?

3. Oracle 7 vs 8, Unix vs NT

4. modems connected to D3 Aix

5. NT vs SCO - Oracle vs SQLServer

6. TMPDBS on HP-VFS

7. Sql Server vs Oracle vs Ibm vs....

8. Programmer, Progress

9. PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which

10. PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should

11. PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which sh

12. Access vs SQL Server vs Sybase vs Oracle