Problem with Application Design Transformer in Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6

Problem with Application Design Transformer in Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6

Post by Immo Wetze » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a problem with Application Design Transformer in
Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6
my start function contains 43 sub functions

the tranformer works like this :

Initializing...
Creating temporary tables...
Querying Function details...
Identifying Modules...
Creating candidate Modules...
Creating General Module :  (name of sub functions)
.
Creating Module text...
Creating Module Function associations...
Creating Module Business Unit associations...
Creating Module Arguments...
Creating Module Components and Table usages...
Module : (name of sub functions)
- creating Window : (name of sub functions)
- creating Module Component Table Usage for Table : (name of
entity)
..
Creating Data Bound Items...
Creating Argument Item usages...
Creating Module Table usages...
Creating Module Column usages...
Generate data usages has completed successfully.

the percentage completion figure is 95%

then comes the following error message
RME-00224: Failed to close activity
with details
RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
RME-00011: Operation 'close' on ACTIVITY has failed
RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-01562: failed to extend
rollback segment number 13 | ORA-01628: max # extents (121)
reached for rollback segment RB12

when I click OK (no other possibility) I get this message

The utility has stopped due to failure.

I  checked the tablespace ? it is not to small

Name Status Size (M) Used (M)
ROLLBACK DATA ONLINE 65.000 33.750
SYSTEM ONLINE 270.000 260.137
TEMPORARY_DATA ONLINE 7.000 2.637
USER_DATA ONLINE 8.000 4.543
WIC_DATA ONLINE 135.000 93.195
WIC_RBS ONLINE 60.000 3.020

when I check in Design Editor, the module list is empty

I dont know what happens
Please help

Cornelia
Wetzel

Fachhochschule Stralsund http://www.fh-stralsund.de

Post by Frank van Borte » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have a problem with Application Design Transformer in
> Function Hierarchy Diagrammer in Oracle Designer 6
> my start function contains 43 sub functions

> the tranformer works like this :

> Initializing...
> Creating temporary tables...
> Querying Function details...
> Identifying Modules...
> Creating candidate Modules...
> Creating General Module :  (name of sub functions)
> .
> Creating Module text...
> Creating Module Function associations...
> Creating Module Business Unit associations...
> Creating Module Arguments...
> Creating Module Components and Table usages...
> Module : (name of sub functions)
> - creating Window : (name of sub functions)
> - creating Module Component Table Usage for Table : (name of
> entity)
> ..
> Creating Data Bound Items...
> Creating Argument Item usages...
> Creating Module Table usages...
> Creating Module Column usages...
> Generate data usages has completed successfully.

> the percentage completion figure is 95%

> then comes the following error message
> RME-00224: Failed to close activity
> with details
> RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
> RME-00011: Operation 'close' on ACTIVITY has failed
> RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-01562: failed to extend
> rollback segment number 13 | ORA-01628: max # extents (121)
> reached for rollback segment RB12

> when I click OK (no other possibility) I get this message

> The utility has stopped due to failure.

> I  checked the tablespace ? it is not to small

> Name Status Size (M) Used (M)
> ROLLBACK DATA ONLINE 65.000 33.750
> SYSTEM ONLINE 270.000 260.137
> TEMPORARY_DATA ONLINE 7.000 2.637
> USER_DATA ONLINE 8.000 4.543
> WIC_DATA ONLINE 135.000 93.195
> WIC_RBS ONLINE 60.000 3.020

> when I check in Design Editor, the module list is empty

> I dont know what happens
> Please help

> --

> Cornelia
> Wetzel

> Fachhochschule Stralsund http://www.fh-stralsund.de

It's not a matter of the tablespace being too small, but a matter of too many
extents being used: you have limited the maximum number of extents to 121,
and the rollback segment reached that!
You (or your DBA) should create larger extents on rollback, and/or
increase the maximum.
Here's what I always use on a designer instance:
--
-- Create de Rollback tablespace and de Rollback Segments
CREATE TABLESPACE ROLLBACK

--
-- Create nine Rollback Segments
--

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
----------------------------------   ----------------------------
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500

1. database diagrammer not displaying diagrammer

Hi All,
My database diagrammer suddenly stopped showing diagrams that I created.
Also, when I try to create to create a new diagram, it is not going to the
wizard which it used to.  I rebooted the machine but that it did not help.
I am running 7.0 with sp1.  Any ideas why this is hapening?

Thanks

2. Processing Some by Not All records

3. design for an Organization's Hierarchy

4. SQL 2000 MAPI Recognition

5. Advice needed on Hierarchy Design

6. Credit Repair 31192099

7. Table Design: Hierarchy

8. SQL Service Packs

9. Design issue: nested menu options / hierarchy

10. query design for XML from hierarchy table

11. Designing a changing Hierarchy

12. hierarchy table design question

13. Problem with Designer 2k and database transformer..Help!