Oracle bookshop publications info required

Oracle bookshop publications info required

Post by Marco Favarett » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We found the following books on www.oraclebookshop.com. We'd like to
hear your opinion about them. We're in need to port our C application
(which uses ISAM databases) to Oracle. Are those books absolutely
needed, simply useful or unuseful? Many thanks.

Marco & Monica

List of books:

A58233 Pro*C/C++ Precompiler Programmer's Guide
A58236 PL/SQL User's Guide & Reference
A58241 Oracle8 Application Developer's Guide
A58242 Oracle8 Reference
A58312 Oracle8 Error Messages Volumes 1-3
A58424 Oracle8 Concepts Vol. 1 & Vol. 2
A58425 Oracle8 SQL Reference Vol. 1 & Vol. 2
A58427 Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide Vol. 1 & Vol. 2

Oracle bookshop publications info required

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Yes, you absolutely need them, all (and more). Of course if you are not
planning to use C++ you could leave the first and the last out.
All of them are standard Oracle docs and should be in your kit, and on
technet.oracle.com.
You may prefer to read the paper version though.
Then one way or another you are going to need the Oracle 7 or 8 DBA Handbook
by Kevin Loney, published by Osborne.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> We found the following books on www.oraclebookshop.com. We'd like to