HELP Transact-SQL -> PL/SQL porting

Post by Dmitry Babitsk » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I am an expert Transact-SQL programmer(Microsoft), but have only limited
experience  with PL/SQL. So, just a few questions:
1) In T/SQL I create temp. tables in my stored procedure(#table_name), then
query           them. How do I do the same in PL/SQL?  Looks like PL/SQL tables
is not what     I want,         because you cannot use SQL to query them.

2) Is there an equivalent of tempdb? Can temporary tablespace be used for
that?

3) IN T/SQL I can do this:
        CREATE PROCEDURE xyz AS
        SELECT * FROM TABLE

   How to do the same in PL/SQL

Thank you for any help.
--
Dmitry Babitsky. MCSE, MCSD

1. Help Transact-SQL -->PL/SQL porting

Hi,
I am an expert Transact-SQL programmer(Microsoft), but have only limited
experience  with PL/SQL. So, just a few questions:
1) In T/SQL I create temp. tables in my stored procedure(#table_name), then
query           them. How do I do the same in PL/SQL?  Looks like PL/SQL tables
is not what     I want,         because you cannot use SQL to query them.

2) Is there an equivalent of tempdb? Can temporary tablespace be used for
that?

3) In T/SQL I can do this:
        CREATE PROCEDURE xyz
        AS
                SELECT * FROM TABLE
  Looks like you cannot do the same in PL/SQL? What's the equivalent?

Thank you for any help.

Dmitry Babitsky. MCSE, MCSD

2. Primary Key, Identity, Unique

3. Automatic porting of PL/SQL to Transact-SQL

4. how to do in Oracle field-- or field++

5. cross-compiler PL/SQL -> Transact-SQL

6. !!Installed ODBC 4.0 (Y2K patch) and now Access Booleans are all False!

7. SQL? (Newbee>

8. SQL Server to Oracle (Transact SQL to PL/SQL)

9. Porting Transact-SQL to Oracle SQL

10. Anyone know PL/SQL and Transact-SQL?

11. PL/SQL to Transact/SQL Conversion

12. Translating Ora PL/SQL to Syb Transact-SQL (and vice versa)