alter user name: how ?

Post by Olivier SIBUE » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi to all,

I need to change the user/schema name of a schema whose name contains
'forbidden' character: '\'.

I tried by using Alter user command, but i did not get the opportunity to
change the user name.
Is it possible?
Which command can i use for this?
Note: I'm logged as system.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Olivier

alter user name: how ?

Post by frol.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Use the EXP utility to export this users schema objects and data.
Create a new account with a the name you want.  Use the IMP utility
to import the objects and data of the original user to the new user.
You will need to use the "fromuser" and "touser" clause.

Regards, Louis

Quote:> Hi to all,

> I need to change the user/schema name of a schema whose name contains
> 'forbidden' character: '\'.

> I tried by using Alter user command, but i did not get the
opportunity to
> change the user name.
> Is it possible?
> Which command can i use for this?
> Note: I'm logged as system.

> Any help would be very appreciated.

> Olivier

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

alter user name: how ?

Post by Andrew Pahomo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

alter user "trapapa\lalala" identified by "sdsdd#sdsd#"

Quote:> Hi to all,