default password for user SYS ?

Post by J?rn Volle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello.  I am a complete oracle novice and have just installed a standard
oracle 8.0.6 on an NT4Server and I cant find the default password for user
SYS ?

Could someone please help me with this ?

Regards
J?rn Vollen
Norway

default password for user SYS ?

Post by Manjeet Bhati » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hello.  I am a complete oracle novice and have just installed a

standard  oracle 8.0.6 on an NT4Server and I cant find the default
password for user  SYS ?

'change_on_install' ? or was that for 'system' ?

Manjeet

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

default password for user SYS ?

Post by Paul Durdi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Sys, pwd := 'change_on_install'
system, pwd := 'manager'

--
Paul Durdin

> > Hello.  I am a complete oracle novice and have just installed a
> standard  oracle 8.0.6 on an NT4Server and I cant find the default
> password for user  SYS ?

> 'change_on_install' ? or was that for 'system' ?

> Manjeet

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

default password for user SYS ?

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

change_on_install.

These passwords are of course documented.
If you don't have docs, they are online at http://technet.oracle.com

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> Hello.  I am a complete oracle novice and have just installed a standard
> oracle 8.0.6 on an NT4Server and I cant find the default password for user
> SYS ?

> Could someone please help me with this ?

> Regards
> J?rn Vollen
> Norway

default password for user SYS ?

Post by Carsten Baeumche » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

If nothing else helps:

- login as "system" PW: "manager"
- type in (sql) "alter user SYS identified by NEWPASSWORD"

Carsten

"J?rn Vollen" schrieb:

Quote:> Hello.  I am a complete oracle novice and have just installed a standard
> oracle 8.0.6 on an NT4Server and I cant find the default password for user
> SYS ?

> Could someone please help me with this ?

> Regards
> J?rn Vollen
> Norway

default password for user SYS ?

Post by Juan Mirand » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

sys / change_on_install
system / manager

Quote:> Hello.  I am a complete oracle novice and have just installed a standard
> oracle 8.0.6 on an NT4Server and I cant find the default password for user
> SYS ?

> Could someone please help me with this ?

> Regards
> J?rn Vollen
> Norway

1. What is the default password for the postgres user in the default

        Anyone know what the default password is for the postgres user? When
trying to use createuser, the password for the postgres user is asked. What
is that default password? I searched all through the docs but couldn't find
it.

Thanks.

2. Dev2k Forms4.5 - beginner's dumb question

3. password of SYS user on ORACLE LITE V3.5

4. ODBC question

5. What is the default password for the postgres user in

6. SR CAD DRAFTER/PRESTIG. MA BIOTECH

7. Default Oracle Users and Passwords?

8. autonumber

9. Changing passwords for Oracle-installed Default users

10. Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

11. Default Password for Oracle user Internal

12. user's default database defaults to MASTER, despite config otherwise

13. default table names beginning with sys