Client files?

Post by Ken Leac » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
   I have an Oracle 7.3 server using TCP/IP.
I also have a Delphi application on the client that needs to have proper
Oracle drivers installed.
I would like to have EVERYONE in the company share the Oracle Aliases as
well as the driver on a shared network drive (Novell)
I think all I need on each client (which are anything from Win3.1, '95
or NT 4.0) is a pointer to the oracle home shared directory?

Has ANYONE had any experience with this type of setup?

PLEASE respond!

1. Client Files & Locations

MS Tech Support has told me that there is no way to accommplish a client
install without using the CD-ROM.  For reasons not important here, I
cannot access a CD-ROM from the Windows 95 workstations that need the MS
SQL Server 6.5 client software.

Is there a list of file/locations?  If I knew for sure that files
weren't placed anywhere except \MSSQL\BINN, then I'd know what to do.
Is that the case?

Thanks for any help,
- Bill

2. New data access component for Btrieve / P.SQL

3. SQL Server client files version

4. User or role '%s' already exists in the current database

5. distribution of client files

6. Urgent !!! Recherche Formateur FileMaker

7. distribute client files

8. Restore DB and roll forward from transaction log

9. SQL Server 7 client file installation

10. SP4 Client files won't install

11. Read Client File using OAS 3.0&PL/SQL

12. Oracle Client - Files needed for distribution?

13. Read Client File using OAS 3.0 and PL/SQL