Oracle 9i Management Server

Post by Czorn » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:32:06

I have installed Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition under Windows XP (typical
installation).
Now I want to run Manager Console. So I am trying to login to Management

   VTK-1000: Unable blah blah blah... Please verify that you have entered
the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

OK. So I checked this and I know that I should run Management Server. But
how?
in my XP Services exists:

OLAP 9.0.1.0.1
OLAP Agent (this one is started)
Oracle Client Cache
OracleHTTPServer (started)
OraclePagingServer
OraclemOracleSNMPPeerEncapsulator
OraclemOracleSNMPPeerMasterAgent
OraclemOracleTNSListener (started)
OracleServiceSID (started)

Maybe there is a mistake in the hostname?

Help me please...

tschorny

Oracle 9i Management Server

Post by andre » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:56:55

Administrator  => sysman
Password       => oem_temp
Management Server => the name of the machine where oms is installed.

Btw, OEM 9i console runs perfectly over the web as well. If the
OracleHTTPServer is running then point your browser to
http://<oms-servername>:3339/
On that screen you'll be asked to download
the plugin and after that has been done, next time you want to start
the console go directly to

Works very nice for us.

Hth,
Andre van Winssen

--
Andre van Winssen

1. Oracle 9i Database Server and 9i Database 9i Developer Suite Forms Access Problem

I have installed Enterprise Edition

1) Oracle 9i Database under c:\software\oracle9i
(everything works fine, I can access all features
2) Oracle 9i Developer Suite e:\oracle9iDS

On the Oracle9i Developer Suite I click on Forms Developer
and then on Forms Builder -> Tools --> Data Block Wizard
--> Table View --> Click on Browse. This pops up window with
User Name, Password, Database. I enter the correct values
but get the error.

ERROR: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME
given in connect descriptor.

Are two installation different ? Should there be new listener
services etc.

thanks - bill

2. ASP and SQLServer Error for String longer than 255 chars

3. Oracle 9i : remote OEM Console unable to connect to Management Server

4. Execute DTS in ASP page

5. Cannot see any created databases in Enterprise Manager (9i-EE) when logged into Management Server

6. Deadlock Problems

7. Memory management under Oracle 9i

8. URGENT: SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 9i Linked server problem

9. Linked Server to Oracle 9i with Oracle OLE DB Provider

10. Should I study Oracle 8i/9i or 9i directly/

11. US-IL-ORACLE 9I DBA WITH 9I RAC FULL-TIME DIRECT TO OUR CLIENT

12. Running management configuration assistant hangs on w2k/9i