Tor: Oracle DBA $60 - $80/hour - 6 months.

Tor: Oracle DBA $60 - $80/hour - 6 months.

Post by CAMsear » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Title or Role:  Oracle DBA x two positions

Dollar Range: $60 - $80 / hour

Area Location: Downtown Toronto

Skill Requirements: Oracle DBA experience

Sorry, at this early stage, not much more is known
about this consulting opportunity.  Check our
weekly postings on Saturday mornings.

Please note:

While CAMsearch appreciates your application, we have certain
limitations and only if you are being considered for a present
open position will you necessarily be contacted right away.
We will, however, with your permission, keep your application on
file according to your further instructions.  We will contact you
from time to time as matching assignments become available.

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>

Top FAQs asked of CAMsearch by job seekers:

1. Can I count on your postings being up to date?
2. What can I do to speed up the entire placement process?
3. For which functional roles does CAMsearch arrange permanent
   placements and contract assignments?
4. What advantages do you offer to me as a contract consultant?
5. I am not sure which position I am appropriate for, may I apply
   to 'ANY MATCHING POSITION' now or in the future?
6. Who is CAMsearch?
7. Why would I be better off at CAMsearch compared to most other
   placement agencies?
8. How do I contact CAMsearch?

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Can I count on your postings being up to date?

We post all known open positions either late Friday evenings
or first thing Saturday morning.  We remove positions once
they have been filled. Some positions seem constantly open
(repeat postings) which is usually an indication that several
qualified staff are needed.  For example, one of our clients
has over 100 open positions.

2. What can I do to speed up the entire placement process?

You can help by providing us with some preliminary information:
a - When are you available; exact date or a notice period?
b - What working location preferences do you have?
c - What is your annual salary range for a permanent job?
d - What is your hourly rate range for a contract assignment?
e - How many years of overall experience do you have?
f - Please provide as many phone numbers and e-mails as possible;
    when leaving a message for you we are very discreet.
g - Prioritize from highest to lowest such items as:
    income needs, commuting ease, learning opportunity,
    co-worker culture, stay in my technical specialty,
    industry type or market, etc. (Please add your own
    personal priorities.)
h - Send your resume via e-mail as an attached file in Word format.
    Please consider naming your resume file: last-name, first-name.
    (We receive many files named "Resume.Doc" and some of them
    may be misplaced, resulting in process delays or lost
    opportunities.)

Thank you for your consideration to these helpful items.
Of course, there are many other specific questions, but detailed
issues can be handled later.

3. For which functional roles does CAMsearch arrange permanent
   placements and contract assignments?

I/T, management, engineering and various consulting roles
are available through CAMsearch including:

Vice-President of Technology
Director of Software Development
Manager of Information Systems
Senior Management Consultants
Project Managers / Project Leaders
Senior Data Base Consultants
E-Commerce Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Business Systems Analyst
Application Designer
Programmer / Analyst
Database Administrator
Data Modeler
Systems Programmer
Systems Engineer
Network Engineer
Hardware/Firmware/Software Design Engineer
Engineering Technologist
Quality Assurance Tester
Technical Support
Network Designer
Network Administrator
System Administrator
Web Master
Post Master
Web Site Designer
Web Page Creation
Executive Assistants
Help Desk
Operations Staff
Technical Writer
HR Staff

4. What advantages do you offer to me as a contract consultant?

a - You have a choice of 6 relationship and payment options;
    3 of these options pay the base rate which is the advertised
    rate and the default pay rate; 2 of these options pay the
    base rate plus ten percent; and 1 option pays the base rate
    less ten percent.  We will fax you a sheet of details for you
    to share with your account and / or lawyer, when needed.
    Among the 6 options, you may switch your option during
    the assignment, and not just at contract renewal time.
b - We will answer your questions about margins and other rates.
c - After the initial 6-month period in a contract, we will provide
    a raise in money to you.  The amount will be based on the level
    of satisfaction of the client.
d - At your request, we will also ask the client supervisor to
    provide you with a technical performance appraisal, at the
    end of an assignment, or after 6 or 12 months during a
    long-term contract, to aid in your future career development.
e - We provide smooth transitions to becoming employees with
    corporate clients.

5. I am not sure which position I am appropriate for, may I apply
   to 'ANY MATCHING POSITION' now or in the future?

Of course.  Our methods and assurances to you are as follows:

If you match a present position, we will contact you as soon as
possible, and provide you with further details, allowing you to
decide whether or not you are interested in having us continue to
pursue this opportunity for you.

If you do not entirely match our clients' needs at the present
time, or another candidate has been selected, or you have chosen
not to continue with that particular opportunity, we will maintain
your information on file, and pursue opportunities in your primary
area of interest.

Over time, we will replace your old resume with updated resumes
and search criteria as long as you continue to provide them.

When new opportunities arise that match your search criteria, we
will endeavour to contact you with this information.  It is
therefore in your best interest to keep us up to date with contact
numbers, new e-mail ids and your other career news.

PLEASE NOTE:  We respect your right to confidentiality;
your resume will NOT be submitted to any employer or
client company without your explicit permission.
Please avoid agencies that do not make this commitment
to safeguarding your reputation and career development.

6.  Who is CAMsearch?

CAMsearch is a division of Canadian Asset Management, a firm
which began its history by providing the means and opportunities
to entrepreneurial Canadians.  Our General Manager, Ron Beck,
obtained a B.Math. in cooperative honours computer science from
the University of Waterloo in May of 1980.  After six years of
programming and project management, he joined the staffing
industry at P.J. Ward Associates in 1986.  In 1988 he was
promoted to the founding General Manager of Contracts P. J. Ward.

Serving primarily the Greater Toronto Area, the partners of
CAMsearch have over 18 years of combined experience in Toronto's
Consulting and staffing industry.  In addition to this, we combine
a further previous 19 years of working experience on technical
computer and engineering projects. CAMsearch staff have worked for
well-known, established firms including:

P.J. Ward Associates (a.k.a Ward Associates)
William M. Mercer
Contractors Network Corporation
Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd.
Datacrown Inc. (a.k.a Crowntek)
Ontario Hydro

CAMsearch networks on a confidential basis with five specialized,
independent associates for match-making you job needs to other
client / employers.

7. Why would I be better off at CAMsearch compared to most other
   placement agencies?

With solid experience, we have developed a philosophy that places
our long term relationships ahead of our fees.

Our reputations are valuable; and we work diligently to keep them
that way.  Several applicant and client testimonials are available.

We are known for open honest relationships and a willingness to
answer ALL of your questions.  An added advantage includes our
technical backgrounds, through which we can better understand
your past experience and future career goals.

We also respect your right to make your own decisions.  It is
always YOUR decision as to which of our opportunities your
resume will be submitted; and YOUR decision as to which, if any,
permanent job or contract assignment to accept.

8.   How do I contact CAMsearch?

a) E-mail (best method for resume submission) to:
staff...@camsearch.on.ca
(Attached files in Word or text format is best.)

b) Fax to our Toronto region line at: 416-445-7252
or Fax to our Durham region line at: 905-985-4289
or Fax toll free in Ontario at: 101-512-81-905-985-4289
or Fax toll free in Canada at: 1-888-503-4015, then
     dial our Fax extension line at: 905-985-4289

c) Voice call to our Toronto region line at: 416-445-8484
or Voice call to our Durham region line at: 905-985-5000
or Voice call toll free in Ontario at: 101-512-81-905-985-5000
or Voice call toll free in Canada at: 1-888-503-4015, then
     dial the extension to reach us a: 905-985-5000

d) Regular Postal Service
Contact us for mailing information, which is changing,
as we are arranging a downtown Toronto location.