Slow Analyze statements

Post by Lars Hol » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:19:02

Hi!
I am running 8.1.7. on Windows 2000    .
After an upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7, I am experiencing
that "analyze" statements take nearly twice the time it used to..
Are there any obvious reasons why this is slower on 8.1.7?

Thank for any help.

Lars Holth

1. need advice on analyzing slow queries

I need some general advice, to improve my SQL slow query detective work.
How can I compare two versions of a query to see which one is faster?  Are
there particular fields in the execution plan tooltips that are more
meaningful than others?  Are there any good articles on how to analyze slow
queries?  (either articles or particular chapters of books, but I don't want
to read an entire advanced book on sql server, I just need to be pointed in
the right direction for investigating the cause of slow queries).

Any help getting pointed in the right direction would be most welcome.

2. Metadata Mismatch

3. very slow vacuum full analyze

4. Trouble with SQL server and RCMD.EXE

5. Analyze Table Compute Statistics but slowed down performance ??

6. Informix Tools and Solaris

7. prepared statements and analyze in 7.3

8. Accessing array properties of OCX's

9. [Fwd: Re: New EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement]

10. New EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement

11. ANALYZE statement decrease performance (Why?)

12. the program for analyzing the SQL statements?

13. Unique Index gets slower and slower and slower for inserts