Creating Oracle accounts: usernames and passwords under Red Hat Linux 6.1

Creating Oracle accounts: usernames and passwords under Red Hat Linux 6.1

Post by Jerry Ashe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

So I believe I have Oracle 8i set up (Red Hat 6.1), and I have created an
initial database (SID=web), but whenever I try to connect, sqlplus quickly
tells me that I have:

ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I have tried connecting to Oracle when logged in to Linux as user Oracle in
group dba.  I have tried as root (which is in group dba as a supplementary
member).

So how in general do I set up accounts in Oracle?

How do I get Oracle to respect the accounts and privileges of the underlying
Linux system (using /etc/passwd, etc....)

Thanks!

Jerry

1. Problem - Oracle 8.0.5 with Red Hat Linux 6.1

hey

I hv installed Oracle8.0.5 on RedHat Linux 6.1. I followed the
documentation available on the oracle.com. But when tried to run

$ lsnrctl start

-TNS-01106: Message 1106 not found: No message file for
product=NETWORK, facility=TNS

and

when I tried to execute DBSTART or DBSHUT or SQLPLUS,
- error in loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.1.0 cannot open

Help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Srinivas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Oracle 8.0.6.2: SQL using contrants to replace bind variables

3. Oracle problem on Red Hat Linux 6.1

4. I'm tired of Database Corruption...

5. Startup of 8i instance on Red Hat Linux 6.1

6. Binding NVARCHAR2 Variables

7. Sqlplus and the 8.1.5.0.2 patch on Red Hat Linux 6.1

8. 70-029

9. Installing ICONNECT on LINUX RED HAT 6.1

10. Ingres 2.0 on Red Hat Linux 6.1

11. Stability: Red Hat Linux 6.1/Ingres II/Alpha DS20

12. Install Problem Oracle 8i - Red Hat 6.1

13. Oracle 8i/ red hat 6.1 or slackware 7