Runtime Problems with VB, Crystal Reports & Oracle

Runtime Problems with VB, Crystal Reports & Oracle

Post by Rich Hel » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi Folks

Hope somebody can help me with this...

I have a VB app from which I want to launch a Crystal Report, running
against an Oracle Database.  I'm using VB v4.0, Crystal Reports v5.0 and
Oracle v8.0.

I've designed the report in Crystal Reports, using ODBC to connect to
Oracle, and when I run it from within Crystal it works fine.  However,
when I try to run it using the Crystal Reports OLE Control (after
setting the appropriate properties. i.e. PrintFileODBCSource / User /
Password)  I get the following VB32 error :-

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down.  If
the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

Clicking on the [Details] button reveals that "VB32 caused an invalid
page fault in module NLSRTL32.DLL at 0137:032c2a22".  NLSRTL32 is a DLL
in my C:\ORAWIN95\BIN (i.e. Oracle) directory.

Can anybody help me to sort this one out?  I'm not even sure which of
the three tools is causing the error (so even contacting the program
vendor is a bit of a problem!).  At this stage any help would be
appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

1. VB, Crystal Reports & Oracle Problem

Hi Folks,

I have a problem getting my Crystal Report (v6) Custom Control to work
using an ODBC connection to an Oracle 8 database when it's called from
within my VB (v4) application.

When I fire off the report print job, I get an error box with the
following message:-

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down.  If
the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

Clicking on the [Details] button reveals that "VB32 caused an invalid
page fault in module NLSRTL32.DLL at 0137:032c2a22".  NLSRTL32 is a DLL
in my C:\ORAWIN95\BIN (i.e. Oracle) directory.

The application already has a connection to Oracle using the Oracle
"Objects for OLE" method, and it seems to be this that's causing the
problem.  If I start the application without the connection, then the
report works fine.  Unfortunately, this isn't an option when the project
goes live!

What I really want to know is :-
i)  Has anyone else out there done this with Oracle "Objects for OLE"
and succeeded (if so, how?!)
ii)  Would it work if I used an ODBC connection and the standard
Microsoft Recordset objects within the application instead of the Oracle
Objects for OLE?  (I don't want to just try it, as to change the whole
project now'll be a HUGE job!)

Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

Rich
--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
To reply, please delete the "nospam.for." from the address above.

Rich
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

2. Smithware's I*Net and access to 'QB 3 data'

3. Crystal report & VB problem

4. Having a problem restoring large Databases from Device files

5. Crystal Report Problem w/ VB & SQL

6. PervasiveSQL API

7. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

8. about SQL Select statement

9. VB, Crystal Reports, Oracle - Need Solution to Business Problem

10. Access 2000 runtime and Crystal Report 7 runtime

11. Sending Reports (Crystal Reports Runtime) to other printers

12. Inserting a picture into a Crystal Reports report at runtime

13. MD-BALTIMORE-110917--Crystal Reports-ORACLE-Visual Basic-JobTitle: Programmer/Analyst (VB,Oracle)