Oracle software for WinNT: does it run under Win2000?

Oracle software for WinNT: does it run under Win2000?

Post by Dieter Rohlfi » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:31:21

In general: does Oracle software, designed/developed for Windows NT,
also run under Windows 2000? Any prerequisites to run it under
Windows 2000? Can I consider Windows 2000 just as a super set of
Windows NT (when using any Oracle software)?

Dieter Rohlfing

Post by j_bever » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:32:03

>In general: does Oracle software, designed/developed for Windows NT,
>also run under Windows 2000? Any prerequisites to run it under
>Windows 2000? Can I consider Windows 2000 just as a super set of
>Windows NT (when using any Oracle software)?

>Dieter Rohlfing

Some... probaly MOST of it works... but I'm not sure about ALL.
I installed Oracle 8i (8.1.6), Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Web DB
on Windows 2000 and everything seemed to work. (However, I was just
testing/learning on a 2-computer home network with a tiny database,
so I didn't give it much of a workout.)

But when I installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.2 on the same
computer, not only would OAS not work (http listeners wouldn't start)
but the OEM Management Server wouldn't start either.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Windows 2000 compatibility or
if I don't have something configured correctly.

Jeff Beverly

Oracle software for WinNT: does it run under Win2000?

Post by Jim Kenned » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:54:46

You might try and look at the almost daily answer to this question on this
ng.
Jim

Quote:> In general: does Oracle software, designed/developed for Windows NT,
> also run under Windows 2000? Any prerequisites to run it under
> Windows 2000? Can I consider Windows 2000 just as a super set of
> Windows NT (when using any Oracle software)?

> Dieter Rohlfing

Oracle software for WinNT: does it run under Win2000?

Post by Klaus Zeuc » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 02:52:46

Do you want to work with Oracle and produce solutions or do you prefer to
waste your time with installation issues? If the first option is your's only
use Oracle software that has been certified for w2k (and even there not
everything works).

Klaus

Quote:> In general: does Oracle software, designed/developed for Windows NT,
> also run under Windows 2000? Any prerequisites to run it under
> Windows 2000? Can I consider Windows 2000 just as a super set of
> Windows NT (when using any Oracle software)?

> Dieter Rohlfing

Oracle software for WinNT: does it run under Win2000?

Post by James Alexander Starrit » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 07:35:14

Zing! ..... You guys can play rough

--

> Do you want to work with Oracle and produce solutions or do you prefer to
> waste your time with installation issues? If the first option is your's
only
> use Oracle software that has been certified for w2k (and even there not
> everything works).

> Klaus

> > In general: does Oracle software, designed/developed for Windows NT,
> > also run under Windows 2000? Any prerequisites to run it under
> > Windows 2000? Can I consider Windows 2000 just as a super set of
> > Windows NT (when using any Oracle software)?

> > Dieter Rohlfing

1. Detecting oracle sever version on WInNT/Win2000/Win95/Win98

Hello!
I have a problem regarding installation of a database application.
To generate a automatic installation, I wants to detect which version
of the oracle server (if any) that are available on the machine.
Since I'm assuming that the installation is performed locally on the
machine, fetch of information from registry will be prefered.

Any help will be appreciated
Stein

2. Nested IIF's

3. Detecting oracle server version on WinNT/Win2000 and Win95/98

4. How to rename a Access Table using ADOX

5. migrating from WinNT/SQL 7.0 to Win2000/SQL 2000

6. MDAC 2.5 Installation Bug?

7. SQL 7.0 Desktop on WinNT->Win2000 Client?

8. winNT to win2000 conversion

9. winnt to win2000 conversion

10. Hardware requirements for Oracle running under WinNT?

11. Running Oracle on Win2000 Advanced Server

12. Oracle 9i RAC CAN NOT run on Win2000 ?