Installing Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on Windows 98

Installing Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on Windows 98

Post by Umar M Badege » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

I installed Personal Oracle 7 on my computer (works fine in Windows NT or 95), then uninstall it.  Since then I have upgraded my machine to Windows 98 then I want to install Oracle 8.0.3.0.0, no matter how I do it or how many times I do it, I always get this error message: "Your current Oracle home E:\Oracle_8.0 is an OCSM client installation managed by your system administrator.  You may not install or remove products in this home".

My computer has a network card which I haven't used after I convert to Windows 98.  How do I fix this problem?

 Sincerely,

 Umar M Badeges

1. Installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 + Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook

For those who are interested,....
Initially I've faced problems with installing Personal Oracle 8.1.5 +
Developer 6.0 + Designer 6.0 on a Windows 98 platform./notebook (f.i.
..TNSNAMES errors and various Designer 6.0 errors). After a lot of "blood
,sweat and tears" I've found A solution. (that is to say: not THE solution).
I have to say that my solution costs you about 1 GB of space on your
harddisk. If you're facing similar prolems and you want a detailed

Martin Vonk

2. ODBC errors when trying to log IIS access data to a SQL server.

3. Personal Oracle 9i on Windows 2000 Pro remains at 98% and not install

4. Transactions in Sabase Anywhere from rdo

5. INSTALL ORACLE 8.0.4 TO WINDOWS 98

6. Paradox-Generated Web Pages

7. Distributed Transaction

8. Oracle 9i install on Windows 98

9. chinese Character problem on Oracle, windows 98 and windows 2000

10. Installed SQL Server 2000 on Windows 98 and....

11. Can I install full MS SQL Server 7.0 not just client utilities on MS Windows 98

12. Unable to Install SQL Server 7 Desktop on Windows 98