Oracle 8i Installation File Missing (Linux)

Oracle 8i Installation File Missing (Linux)

Post by Tony Thompso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

When installing Oracle 8i there is a prompt for the source file
(programs.jar).  This file is not on my system anywhere.  I do have the
staging directory and everything seems in order.

Has anyone else had this problem or can someone send me the *.jar file?

Thanks,

Tony Thompson

http://technet.oracle.com/tech/linux/htdocs/install.pdf

Oracle 8i Installation File Missing (Linux)

Post by Darry » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I had a similar problem.  It turned out that I ran out of space in
/tmp(staging area?)  The file that gave me the error was there but had a
zero file size.  Hope that helps.