Oracle Win95 client talking ODBC to Oracle NT4 server

Oracle Win95 client talking ODBC to Oracle NT4 server

Post by skipp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello to all,

Today I tried to install Oracle 7.3.3 client on a WIN95 machine, so it could
access the Oracle 7.3.3 server that sits on WinNT4 service pack 5.

I can access the server and the associated tables via SQL plus, but I cannot
use the ORACLE TEST ODBC program to connect - it gives the follwoing error
(related to ODBC from what I can see).

==============
SQLState: IM003
Native Error Code:160
Driver Message:Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1157
(Oracle 73)
===================

Does anyway know a solution for this. We use an ODBC connection to connect
to the data. Note, our CTL3D32.dll was overwritten by the Oracle client
install on the WIN95 machine, but I found a copy on the web that corrected
this problem.

I look forward to any advise.

Thanks,

Simon

http://www.rmg.as/

1. Oracle Win95 client talking ODBC to Oracle NT4 server

[...]

2. What is Oracle Name Server?

3. Oracle Server on NT4, Oracle client on Sun Solaris

4. Help! How to insert and read text fields within a new table

5. Win95-Oracle Client ODBC error when Using Novell's NAL/Snapshot Products

6. Retain the Data Structure on Memory

7. how-to connect to NT Oracle workgroup server from win95 client pc

8. Oracle 8i NT Server and Net8 Win95 Client

9. oracle on nt4.0 platform on Netware4.1 backbone win95 stations

10. Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95/Oracle ODBC/Delphi 2.0 Problems

11. HELP: I have problems with Oracle on a sun talking to Novell clients