9iR2 DB Configuration Assistant runs out of memory

9iR2 DB Configuration Assistant runs out of memory

Post by peter.pelto.. » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:53:15

On Red Hat Linux 7.2 in installation DB Configuration Assistant fails to
create / start the Oracle start due ORA-27102 "Out of memory".

I have 512M of RAM and 1G of swap (which the system has used none). I set
my shmmax to 256M. I also tried to increase it to 1G and Retry with no
success.

Is there a bug in the installation or am I doing something wrong? Can I
create the instance manually afterwards (the Assistant had finished the
parts "Copying database files" and "Initializing database").

Or should I just get more RAM (which should be not the case, as the system
isn't even swapping yet).

I've installed 9iR1 succesfully on the same box.

Regards,
Peter

1. Not enough space when running Multiple Orcl clients against 9iR2 DB

Hi All :

I'm getting the following error on a client
connecting to a 9iR2 RAC
db..

ORA-27102 error "out of memory"
HP-UX Error: 12: Not enough space

We're connecting about 170 users to the DB..

We have been looking at the errors we have
been seeing. This is the
error
dedicated server process

When I run swapinfo -t on the HP-UX 11.11 box,
I see that there's more
than enough swap space free. I'm running
64-bit HP-UX..

If it's a full/fragmented global address space
issue., how do I resolve
it..

Thx

Saty

  Saty.Desai.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Conflict between Delphi app and MS Outlook

3. Things to change after running Database Configuration Assistant?

4. patch or pluin for FMP4 controll relaysd via com port

5. Unable to run ifs configuration assistant

6. Triggerss,,,

7. Running management configuration assistant hangs on w2k/9i

8. System 10 for Alpha ??

9. 9iR2 Database Configuration Assistant fails with ORA-27102 "Out of Memory" error

10. Memory configuration using DB-LIB

11. Cannot change from fixed memory configuration to Dynamic Memory

12. Time Outs When running a query

13. Database Configuration Assistant