Moving data from 2 KB datablock DB to 8 KB datablock DB

Moving data from 2 KB datablock DB to 8 KB datablock DB

Post by ragu seka » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We are moving oracle 8.05 database on NT SP 3 from one database ( db bloock size 2kb) to another oracle 8.05 ( db block size 8 kb). Everything else remina the same. The db size is 15 GB

IS there a faster way to do this???
TAHNKS

Post by Connor McDonal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> We are moving oracle 8.05 database on NT SP 3 from one database ( db bloock size 2kb) to another oracle 8.05 ( db block size 8 kb). Everything else remina the same. The db size is 15 GB

> IS there a faster way to do this???
> TAHNKS

You need to unload and reload the data - no way around it...

Which probably means export/import

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

1. DB/KB?

Maybe somebody could give me some info on what is the role of databases
in the implementation of knowledge bases in present day's systems. My
questions are:

- Is a relational DB handled by a 3GL a KB?
- Is an object DB, with its info/rules encapsulated a full-fledged KB?
- Is the term KB used any longer altogether?
- What, if not a standard RDBMS, can be used to implement a KB?
- Is there any commercial KBMS?

As you can guess from my questions I'm not an expert on information
systems. Sorry if I'm asking the obvious. Just trash the message...

--
Antonio Moreno Ortiz

Tel.: +34 5 2464019

2. Pageing with sql server 2k

3. get pointer to CLongBinary object's datablock

4. How do handle No Data Returned Errors?

5. Dev2000 - stacked canvasses using same datablock

6. Sybase i xp_sendmail

7. Newbie: Package in a form Datablock

8. Passing parameters from Excel to SQL 6.5 stored procedures

9. Oracle Datablock corrupted

10. datablocks and editablitiy

11. Corrupted Datablocks with Oracle under Linux

12. datablocks