migrating from Notes to Oracle

Post by Thoma » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 01:33:10

Hello,
I was wondering if any tool can be helpful in migrating a Lotus Notes
database to an Oracle one or any other relational database.
Tks if you can help.
Almotasim

migrating from Notes to Oracle

Post by JW » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 01:59:41

You could use the Notes SQL ODBC driver the transfer data between the 2. The
problem you'll have is that Notes is hierarchical and Oracle is relational.

Cheers,

--
-
John

Quote:> Hello,
> I was wondering if any tool can be helpful in migrating a Lotus Notes
> database to an Oracle one or any other relational database.
> Tks if you can help.
> Almotasim

migrating from Notes to Oracle

Post by KAScha » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:37:20

Lotus Enterprise Integrator (LEI) is a very efficient and robust way
to transfer data between Note/Domino and relational stores. My shop
uses LEI for ongoing and one time transfers and it works well.

> You could use the Notes SQL ODBC driver the transfer data between the 2. The
> problem you'll have is that Notes is hierarchical and Oracle is relational.

> Cheers,

> --
> -
> John

> > Hello,
> > I was wondering if any tool can be helpful in migrating a Lotus Notes
> > database to an Oracle one or any other relational database.
> > Tks if you can help.
> > Almotasim

migrating from Notes to Oracle

Post by PDavie » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:09:03

We use 2 products - Notrix and Notespump.
--
Peter

1. Migrating data from Lotus Notes to Oracle

Hi,
when possible please answer to the original
posting "Migrating to Oracle" in ..oracle.tools

Thanks

Joos

P.S.: Similar: Lotus > Oracle / SQL Server feasibility? in
comp.groupware.lotus-notes.programmer

originally posted to
Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.tools
Datum: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 14:31:55 +0200

Hi,

I'm working with a Lotus Notes/Domino database (in LN with 10 forms -
variations of 1 parent/1 daughter, 50 fields including 4 rtf - and 30 views,
50k records). Editors and endusers are distributed globally.

It seems that oracle dbs could be used/integrated into the existing LN
system to store the content in external dbs. Could in this case editing
still be done in LN ?
This would allow to have maximum flexiblity without needing to develop
completely new interfaces for the editors and endusers. In addition I guess
that layout adaptions are faster and easier to do in LN and, if it is
unavoidable to switch to Oracle / SQL server, there would be more time to
develop a new Oracle interface for the editors and endusers.

Which tools are known and reliable to migrate the content to a relational db
system?

Finally, if a completely new program has to be done in Oracle, how long
would it take to program a fully functional system?

Joos

2. Strange Error message

3. NC-Durham-254998--Lotus Notes-Windows NT-LAN/WAN-ORACLE-Lotus Notes Engineer

4. permission denied

5. OH-COLUMBUS-117208--Lotus Notes-Lotus Script-ORACLE-SQL-Web Development-Lotus Notes Developer

6. B-Tree Help

7. GA-Atlanta-39261--Lotus Notes-Lotus Script-Domino-ORACLE-Lotus Notes Developer

8. UNIDATA PROGRAMMER

9. GA-Suwanee-268505--Domino-Lotus Notes-ORACLE-SQL-Programmer-Lotus Notes/Domino

10. Integration of Access with Lotus Notes or Oracle with Lotus Notes

11. Migrating Notes DB to SQL2000