what is this? and where can I learn more about it?

what is this? and where can I learn more about it?

Post by bullsey » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 02:43:25

SPOOL slave.sql
SELECT 'SELECT' ||''''table_name''''||', COUNT(*) FROM '||table_name||';'
FROM user_tables
/

SPOOL OFF

Post by Daniel A. Morga » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:30:25

> SPOOL slave.sql
> SELECT 'SELECT' ||''''table_name''''||', COUNT(*) FROM '||table_name||';'
> FROM user_tables
> /
> SPOOL table.lst

> SPOOL OFF

It is a select statement that builds select statements for every table in
user_tables.

There isn't much to learn. The four tics produce a single tic in the output.

Daniel A. Morgan

1. MDX : Canned Report or OLAP

Here is the requirement spec for a report about various
values(items below) for different projects.

item#1 item#2 item#5For2001 item#5For2002 item#6For2001 ...

Here item#1 and 2 are measured in general for the entire
lifecyle of the project, item#5 & item6 is being reported
yearwise. Can this kinda of data be stored in a single
cube? If Yes then what will be the MDX query to fetch the
data in above format.

Thanks,

Ashu

2. moving an SQL Server 7.0 database for presentation purposes.. how?

3. I am a pain in the butt, however I am learning !

4. Simple Stored Procedure question?

5. Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

6. OCI string bound to VARCHAR2 - FK constraint failure

7. canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or

8. Searching the SQLServer database

10. bcp canned app

11. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

12. Switching from inhouse to canned package.

13. Canned PARADOX scripts?