Configuring Forms/Reports in OAS 4.0

Post by Dolf-Jan Mulde » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hai,

I installed Oracle Application Server 4.0. Now I want to configure it
for using Webforms and Webreports. Who knows how to configure the Forms-
and Reportcartridges? How can I configure the Forms Server Listener? I
can't find the proper documentation to do this.

Thanks in advance, Dolf-Jan Mulder

Configuring Forms/Reports in OAS 4.0

Post by Rose Noel Kamen » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

if you have successfully installed OAS 4.0 then simply open your web browser
and type http://your_hostname:8888/
I am assuming that you accepted the default port during installation.
Type in your username and password which is by default   admin/admin.  Click
on Online Documentation to view instructions.
Good luck.
RNK.
London.

Quote:>Hai,

>I installed Oracle Application Server 4.0. Now I want to configure it
>for using Webforms and Webreports. Who knows how to configure the Forms-
>and Reportcartridges? How can I configure the Forms Server Listener? I
>can't find the proper documentation to do this.

>Thanks in advance, Dolf-Jan Mulder

1. URGENT HELP NEEDED: Configure the Developer 6.0 Web Server under OAS 4.0

According to the online manual of Developer Server 6.0
  (%ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/us/odcfg60/od00025.htm),
The form server configuration can be divided into several
steps as follows:

 1. Start your Web Server.
 2. Start your browser
 3. Create a listener
 4. Create a web cartridge

  I have problems in creating cartridge.

  Problem 1:
   Application Type:

     In %ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/ja/odcfg60/od00025.htm,
      there included sentences as :
        "In the Application Type field, specify D2KWEB."

     In %ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/us/odcfg60/od00025.htm,
      there included sentences as :
        "In the Application Type field, specify C WEB."

     My question is, What type should I use? (In the configuration
     form, I can only find C Web.

  Problem 2:

   After the cartridge has been created, we should set application
   configuration properties by doing the following:

    "Within the Configuration Folder, click Web Parameters.
    In the Listener List field, specify a listener."
     --  %ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/ja/odcfg60/od00026.htm

    However, in the web parameter configuration form,
      there is no such field named "Listener" !!!

      The fields which do exist in that form are
          Application's MIME Type,
          Client Certification,
          Client Session,
          Max. Session Idle Time, and
          Error Page.

     My question is: How to associate the cartridge to a existing
     listener?

     When I finish all the configuration I can, I got error message
     when open the default htm page.

       "Can not service this request, please try again later"

     Anybody knows how to that, please enlighten me. Thanks in
advance.

2. Table size increased when a field changed from tet to char(5000)

3. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0

4. IL-DEVELOPERS

5. Report forms to Lexmark in NT 4.0

6. mvBASE OCX - Help!

7. Configuring a DTC with OAS

8. Configuring OAS and Developer Server

9. Error ORA-12203 when configuring OAS

10. Configuring OAS and Developer Server

11. Configuring Apache and OAS - a question

12. %ORACLE_HOME%: OAS 4.0 vs Oracle 7.3 on Win NT